Company: Champion Aerospace, LLC
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Title: Controller Department: FinanceReports To: VP of
FinanceSUMMARY OF POSITIONResponsible for directing all finance and
accounting functions of the operation, including financial
accounting and reporting, manufacturing cost accounting and
inventory, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and
financial forecasting. Accountable for demonstrating integrity and
ethical behavior in the performance of all duties and creating a
work environment where these values are expected from all
employees.PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIESManufacturing Support
- Ensure an adequate system to track and record manufacturing
costs and assign them to specific products.
- Help determine employment levels needed to produce sales
forecast to achieve targeted level of profitability.
- Provide information to manufacturing management for effective
- Make recommendations with respect to cost control.
- Provide financial perspective in determining the viability of
capital projects.General Accounting
- Monitor and ensure the integrity of transactions for the
accounts payable, accounts receivable and general ledger systems
for accurate record keeping.
- Provide an accurate and timely payroll system to ensure
employees are compensated according to HR guidelines.
- Maintain an adequate system of accounting internal controls
that meets internal and external audit requirements.Financial
- Plan, organize, and direct the gathering, consolidation, and
submission of financial data, including, but not limited to monthly
financial statements, quarterly and year-end reporting packages,
federal and state tax packages and various other corporate
- Analyze backlog, sales and cost data to assist the management
team in developing financial forecasts.
- Track the actual performance against the forecast throughout
the month and quarter to keep the management team apprised of the
status.Financial Instruction and Oversight
- Provide direction, insight and instruction on specific
financial issues to the senior staff and business unit managers to
help them be more effective at maximizing the business.
- Provide support for the accounting function at the CEF
operating unit, which is consolidated with Champion for reporting
purposes as an additional business unit.Financial Planning
- Plan and direct the development of an annual operating budget
that ensures targeted value creation in the areas of real pricing,
productivity and new business generation.
- Plan and direct the development of an annual capital budget
that includes only those projects that are viable and provide for
legitimate savings that will generate an appropriate rate of
return.EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
- M.B.A. or Professional Certification is preferred.
- Skill in math, accuracy and precision, interest in business,
organized, willingness to follow recommended procedures, honesty,
patience, good written and oral communication skills, good people
skills, team player.
- Experience with Epicor ERP software is a plus.
- Five to seven years of experience in manufacturing.About
TransDigm Group Inc. (TDG): Champion Aerospace LLC is a wholly
owned subsidiary of TransDigm Group Inc. TransDigm is a highly
decentralized aerospace business, which acquired more than 70
aerospace stand-alone companies over the last 25 years. TransDigm
operates more than 50 independent portfolio companies. Each
portfolio company stands alone with its own president, functional
vice presidents and support functions. The company thinks and acts
like a large private equity business focused on the aerospace
industry. The exception is that we rarely sell businesses that meet
our criteria.TransDigm is focused on the design, development and
supply of proprietary engineered aerospace components. TransDigm
products are flying on every aircraft made in the free world.
TransDigm sells products to the OEM's and to the integrators that
supply systems to the OEM's. TransDigm also supports the airlines
and other operators of aircraft through the supply of spare and
repaired parts. TransDigm is one of the largest manufacturers of
proprietary aerospace components in the world.(This job description
reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the
principal functions of the job identified and shall not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be inherent to the job.)Job Type: Full-timeBenefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to FridayAbility to commute/relocate:
- Liberty, SC 29657: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Preferred)Experience:
- GAAP: 1 year (Preferred)Work Location: One location
Keywords: Champion Aerospace, LLC, Asheville , Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Liberty, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!