Commercial Banking Associate
Company: HomeTrust Bank
Posted on: August 13, 2019
Location: 10 Woodfin St., Asheville, NC 28801
The Commercial Banking Associate supports Regional/Market
Presidents, Commercial and Business Banking Relationship
Manager(s), commercial customers and prospects with all functions
related to commercial loans, deposit services, online banking, and
treasury management services in order to leverage Relationship
Managers' abilities to develop and retain profitable customer
relationships. Position also encompasses coordination for deposit
account opening and construction loan administration. Maintains and
manages Commercial Loan Process system for RMs they support.
Ensures high quality service to client base through communication,
problem-resolution, and timely, accurate follow-through on behalf
of the client and Relationship Manager. Coordinates and maintains
positive customer and fellow employee relationships. Position would
be responsible for special projects as assigned. Position may
include calling efforts to support customer relationships and
business development. Follows all Bank policies and procedures,
compliance regulations, and completes all required and/or
Specific Job Functions
- Maintain electronic loan, credit, and deposit customer
- Coordinate deposit account opening, maintenance, online
- Partner with Treasury Management Sales Officer to suggest
possible products, services, maintenance, questions, etc.
- Track online banking and Treasury Management routing and
progress until successful implementation.Maintain on-going
maintenance for customers.
- Prepare account maintenance changes to commercial loans as
necessary under direction of Relationship Manager.
- Maintain Commercial Loan Process system (CLP) for prospects and
applications in all milestones.Keep accurate and clean.
- Partner with credit analysis department regarding spreads and
underwriting requests through CLP.
- Assist Relationship Manager with the completion of Credit
Request Form in the CLP system and completion of the underwriting
- Assist Relationship Manager(s) with the review of term sheets,
commitment letters, credit memos, etc. for content and
- Assist Relationship Manager with the completion/compilation of
the Credit Approval Package. Also, ensure conditions of approval
are met before the loan closes.
- Coordinate preparation of loan and packages including, but not
limited to: CIP Borrower and Guarantors, determine Beneficial
Ownership, perform OFAC searches, obtain insurance, UCC lien
searches, enter transactional data in to the origination system,
obtain proper disclosures, ensure proper approval authority, order
appraisals and evaluations, surveys, environmental collateral
- Must have a clear understanding how to review loan documents
and ensure the accuracy pre-closing.
- Coordinate loan closings with Doc Prep, customers,
attorneys/settlement agents, and Relationship Manager.
- Review executed loan packages for completeness and prepare for
- Facilitate routine loan disbursements for commercial
construction loans (if necessary) and lines of credit as well as
other general ledger functions for Relationship Manager(s) and
- Maintaining and updating BUILT for residential construction (if
- Coordinating with Residential or Commercial Construction
departments when appropriate.
- Partner with PMG/CPM teams in (1) collecting financial
information, (2) modifications, renewals, and annual review
- Request (either through customer or Relationship Manager)
updated financial information such as tax returns, financial
statements, receivables and inventory, borrowing base certificates,
- Clear all documentation exceptions in a timely manner.
- Works with Relationship Manager to ensure overdraft items are
- Pulls and distributes daily/weekly/monthly reports as
- Tracks annual reviews, renewing/maturing loans, lines of
credit, and letters of credit and notifies action needed each month
to Relationship Manager.
- Perform requests for research or any customer related requests
- Familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations
pertaining to commercial lending including fair lending laws, HMDA,
the Bank Secrecy Act, and the US Patriot Act.
- Successful completion of in-house training programs or other
approved/assigned training for sales, service, and products.
- Prepare expense reports for supported RMs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Adhere to all rules and regulations applicable to this
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Previous commercial banking experience preferred.
- Completion of related courses such as Principles of Accounting,
- Ability to process work accurately and effectively
- Ability to multitask in a high-paced working environment
- Manage prioritization of workflow for maximum efficiency
(especially when supporting multiple RMs)
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional
- Above average computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Proficient math and organizational skills
- Previous banking experience
- Ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner in
one-on-one and small group meetings.
- Sales/Service skills - Thorough knowledge of bank products and
services, sufficient to identify and fill customer and prospect
needs, conduct sales/service dialogue with customers and prospects,
and/or refer to appropriate internal partners.
Physical and Mental Qualifications
- Ability to understand and use Bank policies and procedures to
support positive customer interactions.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner in
one-on-one and in small group meetings or presentations.
- Ability to listen to and/or convey detailed or important
instructions or ideas accurately and quickly.
- Ability to think and act independently within guidelines and
limitations of Bank policy and assigned personal authority.
- Priority Setting
- Time Management
- Drive for Results
- Written Communications
- Customer Focus
- Presents a professional, business-like manner and
- Effective team member with demonstrated collaboration
- Focus/desire to serve customer needs and provide excellent
- Greet and assist customers in person and by telephone, fax or
- Meet with customers to assist with loan closings at
Relationship Manager's request.
- Work as a team internally and across departments.Maintains good
working relationship with branches, credit administration, loan
operations, deposit operations, mortgage, and all other partner
- Represents Bank in providing a complete range of customer
services, explains available Bank product and service features and
benefits, and gathers customer information to set up new accounts
and facilitate updates or maintenance on existing accounts.
- Thorough knowledge of loan, deposit, treasury, and other
related products offered to the commercial line of business
- Promotes and introduces personal/consumer Bank services to
customers such as: consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificates
of deposit, etc.
- Refer opportunities to commercial partners: mortgage,
investment, insurance, equipment finance, and SBA
- Look for sales opportunities by promoting HomeTrust's products
and services within existing portfolio
- Assist with maintenance of Commercial Prospect Tool, identify
- Conduct prospect/industry research utilizing all available
tools including RMAU and CRS.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to
stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with
hands and arms.
HomeTrust Bank promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace
which includes reasonable accommodation of qualified applicants and
EOE/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Keywords: HomeTrust Bank, Asheville , Commercial Banking Associate, Accounting, Auditing , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!