Company: Low & Bonar
Posted on: April 9, 2021
The PositionWithin the FPM Colbond Americas CAPEX group there is
a vacancy for the position of Project Engineer/Manager. The project
engineer is responsible for the realization of multiple projects
within the Americas investment portfolio and will be stationed at
the Asheville facility.Typical projects vary from single equipment
functions to new production lines and may involve utilities like
electrical power, natural gas, thermal fluid, cooling water,
compressed air and ventilation. Projects can be part of cost
control and efficiency improvement initiatives, market development,
and technological extensions or renewals. The Project Engineer will
report to the Americas CAPEX Manager. Tasks and
ResponsibilitiesRealizing projects within the Americas CAPEX
program, typically ranging from $25K to $500K.
- Solicits input from stakeholders; drives consensus on project
scope, specifications and acceptance criteria.
- Prepares timely capital investment requests according to the
documentation requirements of the investment threshold.
- Defines project organization including responsibilities and
accountabilities; leads multi-disciplinary teams in meetings and
execution to meet project deadlines and deliverables.
- Researches, manages, and coordinates vendors and contractors by
meetings, visits, acceptance testing, etc. Ensures that selected
contractors meet L&B safety standards.
- Prepares organized and comprehensive bid packages for potential
suppliers. Leads in the analysis of bids for technical correctness,
pricing and value engineering. Supports procurement in negotiation
of purchase agreements.
- Ensures high standards of safety are designed into projects;
manages installations with a high emphasis on workplace and
- Prepares and maintains project schedules with input from key
stakeholders. Creates, tracks and maintains accurate project
timelines to deliver projects on time.
- Plans and executes on detailed activity plans for critical
events. Identifies upcoming critical activities and escalates as
- Provides regular, complete and accurate project reporting,
targeted to the needs of the audience.
- Drives projects to full completion of scope within the approved
budget and agreed timeframe; ensures seamless hand-off to
production through written protocol to ensure proper ongoing
maintenance and troubleshooting. Other Responsibilities and
- Strong project management skills
- Plans and manages multiple projects of different levels of
- Foresees and identifies future project execution concerns;
escalates details and identifies possible solutions to be
- Effectively communicates to the required audience and drive to
- Is a self-starter with strong attention to detail; requires
minimal direct supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Seeks positive consensual solutions to issues and conflicts
with all stakeholders.
- Builds positive professional relationships to improve project
execution and results.
- Technically capable
- Quickly comprehends the details of production processes
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (including MS Project)
- Familiar with CAD software for use in scope development
- Complies with and champions all company safety rules and
- Drives and improves contractor safety culture Knowledge and
- Preference for a candidate with a BS in Mechanical Engineering;
other disciplines acceptable based upon work experience
- 5-10 years of project management experience
- Experience with construction coordination with an emphasis on
- Experience in synthetic fibers and/or converting is
- Automation experience is a plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is advantageous About
UsLow & Bonar is a global leader in high performance materials
selling in more than 60 countries worldwide and manufacturing in
Europe, North America, the Middle East and China. We design and
manufacture components which add value to, and improve the
performance of, our customers' products by engineering a wide range
of polymers using our own manufacturing technologies to create
yarn, fibers, industrial and coated fabrics, geosynthetics and
composite materials. Our materials contribute to a more sustainable
world and higher quality of life. They help to make construction
sites safer, reduce carbon footprint, reduce total cost of
ownership, safely manage environmental waste, promote cleaner air
and water, support higher crop production and create beautiful
working and leisure environments.
The Low and Bonar Colbond business consists of the Colback and Enka
families of products, produced within three regional business units
worldwide. The Americas CAPEX function supports the North America
business unit and is integral in implementing the Americas
Improvement Program through capital projects at the Asheville and
Burlington production facilities.
Keywords: Low & Bonar, Asheville , Project Engineer, Engineering , Candler, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!