Diesel Mechanic B Class
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Diesel Mechanic - B Class
Republic Services is a leader in Environmental Services, partnering
with customers to create a more sustainable world.
We are Sustainability in Action our promise to be environmentally
responsible and to help our customers be environmentally
Why choose Republic?
Joining Republic isn t just about taking on a new job, it s about
making a commitment to create a more sustainable world together.
Our people provide an essential service, serving and impacting
customers, neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.
Call (877) 325-5519 for more information
As a company, we are proud of our values and encourage those who
share in our aspirations to join our team:
- We protect our colleagues and communities through safe
practices everywhere, every day.
- We are committed to serving our customers and communities by
going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
- We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by
being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable
- We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
- We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique
potential and dignity of every person.
With direct supervision from a Lead Technician, Fleet Maintenance
Supervisor or Maintenance Manager, a Maintenance Technician A
performs repair and maintenance work on diesel and non-diesel
equipment and trucks including, but not limited to, chassis
components; refuse bodies, including control, hydraulic, and
electrical systems; air brake systems; general engine work; HVAC
components; and suspension, drive train and steering systems. Enjoy
the benefits of working on a single fleet with state-of-the-art
equipment, supporting our drivers as they run their routes and
servicing some of the most technically advanced vehicles on the
- Tackle a new challenge every day.
- Maintain and repair highly intricate and powerful
- Receive training on new technologies and equipment.
- Work a regular shift in a stable industry.
- Be recognized for exceptional performance.
- Serve your community and your customers.
- Follow strong career paths for professional growth.
- Enjoy competitive wages and benefits.
- Join us and help make a positive impact on your community, your
environment, and your world.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of, and strong skill proficiency
in, the following vehicle components and systems, with the ability
to perform complex repair maintenance functions, both on-site and
on the road.
- Chassis component repair and maintenance.
- Refuse bodies, including control, hydraulic and electrical
systems; Air and hydraulic braking systems.
- Engine repair and maintenance.
- Suspension, drivetrain and steering systems.
- Heating and air conditioning systems.
- Line maintenance welding and fabrication.
- Identifies the source of the malfunctions using a variety of
- Completes applicable Company training programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Basic understanding of work order labor time
- Prior experience with, or knowledge of, maintenance work to be
performed on Classes 1-5 light/medium duty and heavy-duty Class 7-8
trucks, aircraft, or ships.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications (T1-T8) are
a plus but not required.
- Commercial Driver s License is a plus but not
- Valid Driver s License.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a technician position
demonstrating knowledge of both gasoline and diesel powered
equipment diagnosis and repair or will be graduating from an
accredited automotive college or technical school within the next 3
- Ability to perform basic inspections with limited supervision
in some (not all required) of the following heavy truck, or
automotive systems: suspensions & steering; general engine,
transmissions, brakes, electrical, hydraulics, drive train, diesel
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
- Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
- Short- and long-term disability.
- Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
- Employee discount programs.
- 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected
veteran status, relationship or association with a protected
veteran (spouses or other family members), genetic information, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Call (877) 325-5519 for more information
Keywords: Republic Services, Asheville , Diesel Mechanic B Class, Engineering , Waynesville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!