Chief Executive Officer
Company: FGP International: Find Great People
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Chief Executive Officer City/State:--Asheville, North
Last updated 7 days ago. This is a powerful opportunity to lead a
preeminent leadership development organization for girls and to
continue to build upon what makes it successful. With a visionary
mindset and an ability to think out-of-the-box, the leader of this
organization must be enlightened, strategic, authentic, inclusive,
and non-partisan. The CEO plays a critical role in establishing a
culture of engagement, thought leadership, and influence throughout
the Girl Scout program and the 40 counties it serves. With an
external focus on resource development, brand management, and
raising awareness for Girl Scouts Peaks to Piedmont (P2P), the CEO
leads by promoting the organization's impact and outcomes. Reports
to: Girl Scouts of Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont Board of Directors
Location: Asheville, Gastonia, Greensboro, or Hickory, NC Key
Responsibilities: Girl Scout Visibility
- With a deliberate external focus, promote Girl Scouts Carolinas
Peaks to Piedmont, raise funds for its programs and awareness of
girl empowerment and leadership development, and ensure diversity,
inclusion, and equity of members, volunteers, stakeholders, and
- Be visible, approachable, and accessible to those in the
community as a brand ambassador. The CEO should formulate the brand
through programming, membership, and messaging based on community
needs and with regards to Girl Scouts USA.
- Increase connection and involvement with the community,
specifically reaching into every area of the 40 counties to
ultimately nurture strategic relationships, increase visibility,
and grow membership numbers.
- Collaborate with the national organization to carry out the
purpose of the Girl Scout Movement.
- Serve as an advocate for Girl Scouting in the council by
representing the council to the general public and to the corporate
community and by building community awareness and support for the
council's contribution to the community's needs and values.
- Working closely with the Board, oversee strategic planning
development and implementation. Execute strategic plan, monitor
progress, and evaluate effectiveness.
- Spearhead the organization's business strategies, ensuring that
they align and remain consistent with the organizational mission
and core values.
- Support the development and execution of long and short-term
operational objectives and actions to support the business
strategy. Provide leadership on critical issues affecting the
- Work in partnership with the national organization to promote
the national policy agenda and implement a unified policy voice and
advocacy strategy. Program and Product Development
- Oversee the effective development and administration of the
programs and products that support the organization's mission,
vision, goals, and strategies.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of new programs, products,
and strategies aimed at stimulating and sustaining membership
- Assist in developing and executing plans while looking at "big
picture" future needs and potential program areas.
- Monitor program initiatives and hold the organization
accountable for reasonable growth and change. Fundraising and
- Leverage personal contacts and organizational relationships to
identify potential donors and partners; Diversify and increase
funding sources (including individual/corporate donors and
identifying and pursuing grants and other funding sources).
- Encourage new stakeholders to align their work around Girl
Scouts Carolinas Peaks to Piedmont's goals and encourage investors
to align human capital and financial investments in support of the
evidence-based work of the organization.
- Provide support to the Board of Directors in the development
and execution of fund development strategies to enable the council
to meet growth and market share objectives.
- Manage the annual financial planning and budget process and
ensure all organizational divisions operate within the approved
- Maintain responsibility for the financial integrity and fiscal
management of the organization; Ensure safeguards are in place to
audit, measure, and verify business and financial performance and
practices. Talent and Team Development
- Build and develop a cohesive management team. Lead the team in
the selection, management, and retention of a talented council
workforce committed to the Girl Scout mission.
- Build trust and followership with staff and empower them.
Increase and maintain employee satisfaction.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the design, development,
and implementation of volunteer and human resource systems to
ensure that the council is able to attract and retain a diverse and
well-qualified talent pool of volunteers and employed staff (i.e.
develop and invest in training for staff and volunteers).
- Work with the management team to develop, enhance, and
implement policies, procedures, and systems that will improve the
overall capacity of the council's structures, processes, and
operations and the effectiveness of its delivery systems.
- Ensure that pluralism is institutionalized within the council's
activities and functions to enhance organizational diversity;
ensure and promote non-discrimination in every aspect of Girl
Scouting. Required Experience, Skill, and Education: Education and
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited higher education
institution is required; Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of progressive leadership experience with
community impact and nonprofit organizations.
- Experience collaborating externally with diverse stakeholder
groups, including working with boards and corporate leaders in the
- Proven ability to efficiently manage a multi-site operational
budget and demonstrate sound financial stewardship.
- Project management skills, including ability to meet
- Demonstrated skills in designing, implementing, and managing an
organization's marketing and communication plan.
- Ability to lead and manage a team of professional communication
and marketing staff.
- Technology acumen that enables innovation and organizational
leadership. Soft Skill Requirements
- Executive presence and confidence working with board members
and community partners.
- Demonstrated ability to advise board members and partners and
communicate strategic direction.
- Ability to inspire others through leadership that is inclusive,
collaborative, and forward thinking.
- Strong command of verbal and written communication skills as
well as excellent presentation skills.
- Strong business acumen, strategic thinking, and decision-making
- Excellent ability to connect with stakeholders of different
backgrounds and experiences and the cultural agility to build
- Diplomacy skills and the ability to navigate challenging
- Equally savvy in new social marketing techniques as in
traditional PR outreach methods.
- Self-motivated and organized with a keen attention to
- Analytical and evaluative with project management and
- Customer service orientation and approachable to people.
- Provides clear direction to achieve organization goals,
creating an environment that fosters innovation commitment,
accountability, and employee engagement. Additional Organizational
- Subscribe to the principles of the Girl Scout Movement and
become a registered member of GSUSA.
- All employees of Girl Scouts Carolinas Peak to Piedmont must
possess a positive attitude with strong work ethic, integrity and
honesty and are expected to be flexible, adaptable and thrive in an
ever changing/fast-paced environment.
- Develop and maintain sensitivity to employee diversity in the
workplace. Behave in ways that demonstrate respectful treatment of
other employees, volunteers, and girls. Practice pluralism and be
inclusive with the services provided.
- Incumbents will be expected to proactively contribute to the
success of their work team by sharing relevant information,
encouraging open dialogue, respecting other team members,
supporting collaboration, encouraging ongoing self-assessment, and
supporting new ideas and ways for achieving established council
goals and objectives.
Keywords: FGP International: Find Great People, Asheville , Chief Executive Officer, Executive , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!