Business Unit Manager - Maintenance & Reliability
Company: Pactiv Corporation
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Overview Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading
manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food
merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America
and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a
broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service
restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice
distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers,
other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and
food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the
company website at pactivevergreen.com. 135 miles west of
Charlotte, NC, 277 miless east of Nashville, TN, and 178 miles
northeast of Atlanta, GA, Canton is the second largest town in
Haywood County, North Carolina. It is located about 17 miles west
of Asheville and is part of that city's metropolitan area. The town
is named after the city of Canton, Ohio. The population was 4,227
at the 2010 census. The Evergreen Packaging Canton Paper Mills is
located in Canton North Carolina, in the beautiful Blue Ridge
Mountains, less than half an hour from the city of Asheville and
its cultural benefits. It is one of the largest industrial
employers in western North Carolina. Opened in 1908, Canton
produces paperboard for refrigerated gable-top cartons, cupstock
and uncoated freesheet for envelopes. The Canton Mill employs
approximately 1000 team members and has played a significant role
in the environmental and social history of the area. Started by
Canton Mill employees in 1928 and completely funded by employees,
Santa Pal is a tradition that last year distributed 600 food boxes
to underprivileged families and helped clothe 500 local children in
need. Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive
workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or
mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or
expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics
or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please call or email . All
information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
and applicable laws. Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and maintain effective maintenance
practices and systems that provide high levels of equipment
runnability and efficiency.
- Monitor and analyze all maintenance and capital spending for
- Develop yearly budget for the maintenance that supports asset
reliability while maintaining cost control.
- Communicate with and involve area management in monthly
maintenance and capital spending goals, variances, and contingency
plans that support adherence to approved budgets.
- Assure that the maintenance groups attain and exceed key
performance measures by building short and long term
- Manage and develop an exempt maintenance and reliability staff
who will then supervise maintenance crews while managing all upkeep
and maintenance of machinery, building, and grounds.
- Implement and maintain systems to effectively and efficiently
utilize the technical resources of the engineering group.
- Recommend equipment improvements or replacements and plant
layout changes with appropriate studies and cost analysis.
- Lead the implementation of Maintenance Best Practices across
the Canton and Waynesville plants and support the overall corporate
agenda on the Journey to Operational Excellence.Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field and/or
equivalent experience. A mechanical engineering degree is
- Experienced implementing Maintenance Best Practices at a large
integrated manufacturing site.
- 10 + years successful experience managing and leading multiple
project teams of technical and maintenance professionals.
- Good working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles. A
Green or Black Belt in Lean - Six Sigma is preferred.
- Experienced in managing and leading RCFA (root cause failure
- Good working knowledge of modern CMMS (computerized maintenance
- Demonstrate leadership through the ability to lead people and
get results through others.
- Communicate a compelling vision and sense of core purpose.
- Ability to develop and participate in team environments to
achieve goals and solve problems. Knowledge or experience with K-T
or other formalized troubleshooting tools is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sound understanding of financial practices and cost
measures/controls as they relate to maintenance and project
- High level of knowledge in advanced asset reliability
techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of continuous production processes, quality control,
costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture
- Knowledge of business and management principles, organizational
- Possess the ability to learn on the fly coupled with
- Ability to work as a key member of the mill leadership
team."IND1P" #LI-TM11 #CB
Keywords: Pactiv Corporation, Asheville , Business Unit Manager - Maintenance & Reliability, Executive , Canton, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!