Associate Director, Financial Aid
Company: The North Carolina Community College
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College 340 Victoria Road
Phone: 828-398-7900 Job LocationAsheville-Buncombe Technical
Community College340 Victoria Road Yes Job Category
- ProfessionalApplication Period Opens: Thursday, November 17,
Closes: Friday, December 2, 2022 Target Start Date Monday, January
9, 2023 Expected Work Hours 40 hrs: Mon - Fri: 8:00 am-5:00 pm;
with occasional overtime Reports toEmployment Type Full Time
Regular Minimum QualificationsMinimum Requirements (Applicant must
meet all of the minimum requirements)1. Bachelor's Degree;
2. Three years of full-time or equivalent financial aid work
3. Supervisory experience;
4. Experience using Colleague Information System;
5. Experience using Excel.Preferred QualificationsPreferred
Qualifications1. Five years of full-time or equivalent financial
aid work experience.
2. Experience in a community college Financial Aid Office.
3. One year of full-time or equivalent supervisory experience.
4. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East
Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.Position
DescriptionJob Description SummaryThis is a face-to-face
This position manages the daily operation of financial aid systems
and staff, including setting up financial aid eligibility criteria,
-providing -FAFSA -application assistance, processing, and
outreach, and communicating financial aid awards to students.
Provides -financial literacy education and default management
assistance to all students. Works collaboratively with the
College's -business office and other constituents to ensure
financial aid awards are processed and transmitted to students
accordingly. -Manages the College's Financial Aid Satisfactory
Academic Progress standards. Provides support to the
Director.Duties -1. Provides operations management and leadership
for student facing services such as -FAFSA -outreach, application
assistance, and communication while supervising the Financial Aid
2. Prepares, transmits, and ensures the accuracy of all financial
aid transmittals to students (including bills).
3. Manages Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress.
4. Assists the Director with direct lending and Pell Grant funds,
5. Assists with the management of federal work-student program
(FWS) and federal supplemental educational opportunity grant
(FSEOG)based Federal Funds.
6. Builds and maintains Colleague module for financial aid
annually. Supervises and applies return of funds to title IV
(R2T4).7. Supervises and trains Financial Aid staff and assists
Director with college-wide professional development and awareness
of federal student aid rule and regulations.
8. Reviews academic programs with the Director and evaluates them
for aid eligibility.
9. Reviews the Financial Aid Policy and Procedure Manual annually
to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal policy.
10. Assists with providing student financial aid literacy
opportunities and works collaboratively with college constituents
and third part provider to manage student loan default rates.
Assists Director with all Federal, State and Institutional
11. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and -RISE
12. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Keywords: The North Carolina Community College, Asheville , Associate Director, Financial Aid, Executive , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!