Water / Wastewater Engineer Project Manager
Company: McGill Associates, P.A.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
McGill Associates provides a full array of engineering, land
planning, and consulting services to public and private clients in
eastern Tennessee, North Carolina, and southeast Virginia. McGill
supports a healthy work/life balance and offers a variety of
schedules and workplace options including hybrid and compressed
schedules. *We are currently seeking highly motivated candidates
for a Water / Wastewater Project Manager position on our Water /
Wastewater Team in Asheville, NC.*We recognize that compensation,
benefits, and paid time off can help our employees maintain a
healthy work/life balance. McGill is proud to offer flexible and
hybrid schedules, competitive salary and bonuses, health, dental,
and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, disability and
group term life insurance, and a safe harbor 401(k) match. We also
encourage our employee's professional development by paying for
license renewals and professional fees or memberships, along with
providing tuition assistance. SummaryAs the Water / Wastewater
Project Manager, you will be responsible for developing project
scope, fees for services, negotiation of contracts for agreements
of engineering services, project budgeting, project scheduling, and
client communication. You will mentor and help lead the Water /
Wastewater Team alongside the Senior Project Manager. You will
design and manage linear and water / wastewater projects, and
interface with clients on a regular basis to ensure the highest
level of client satisfaction and to help identify and develop
future business opportunities. Essential Duties &
- Work alongside the Senior Project Manager to develop and
maintain client relationships, project budgets and schedules, and
maintain the technical and financial performance of the team's
- Consistently meet and exceed client expectations by ensuring
accurate, complete, and timely communication of information.
- Participate in appropriate area and regional conferences and
organizations. Handle presentations and the pursuit of leadership
positions within applicable organizations.
- Monitor and improve the document delivery process. Identify and
implement ideas that save client time and money or that effectively
solve potential problems.
- Review interim work products and submittals and provide needed
feedback regarding accuracy, completeness, and value.
- Mentor and develop junior staff through on-the-job training and
regular use of project reviews and staff progression discussions
alongside the Senior Project Manager.
- Assist the Senior Project Manager with any project-related
- Ensure a timely document delivery by monitoring and adjusting
schedules. Communicate between the Senior Project Manager, project
team members, and clients. Request and manage any needed
- Deliver profitable projects by preparing and maintaining
project schedules and budgets. Act quickly to address budget
deviations and additional service opportunities.
- Increase the flow of new work by finding expanding or new work
opportunities with existing clients. Assist in the preparation of
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a
- 6+ years' experience with technical design of municipal water /
wastewater projects highly preferred.
- North Carolina PE license or the ability to obtain license
within 6 months required.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience required.
- Valid driver's license required. McGill Associates is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. We conduct
pre-employment drug screens and background, credit, and motor
vehicle checks in accordance with all federal and state statutes.
We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals
with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
hardship. All McGill Associates' facilities comply with the
American with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing and/or speech
impairments may contact McGill Associates by dialing 711 to access
the State Relay Service for TTY/TDD. Candidates with limited
English proficiency may discuss employment opportunities with the
help of an interpreter by calling 828.252.0575. Note: This job
description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may
perform other duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the
Keywords: McGill Associates, P.A., Asheville , Water / Wastewater Engineer Project Manager, Executive , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!