Company: Asheville Racquet Club South
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall management of three pools. Two
seasonal outdoor and one year-round indoor. Indoor pool includes
steam room and hot tub.
- Budgetary management of aquatic operations including creating
and maintaining budgets (for each location)
- Purchases for the department including supplies, chemicals,
- Recruiting, hiring, training, and yearly evaluations of
- Paycom management of all aquatic's employees
- Bi-weekly payroll approvals and adjustments through paycom
- Club Automation management of all programs and events.
- Create schedules for lifeguards.
- Checking that all employees are current with
- Attends safety training programs and in-service education as
required and ensures all aquatics staff is properly trained.
- Monitor mechanical equipment and schedule all repairs and or
- Ordering of all chemicals for pools, hot tub and steam
- Work with Activities Director to promote programs and events
and create monthly pool schedules, flyers, information for weekly
newsletter, Facebook and social media posts.
- Liaison to the Crowne Plaza Resort to service hotel guests
- Work with the Adventure Center of Asheville for pool
utilization for their camps.
- Manage Aquatics Programs such as swim team, swim club, water
aerobics, water basketball, group swim lessons, private swim
lessons, lap swim
- Properly Maintaining Facility Cleanliness (trash, bathroom
- Basic Safety Operations (thunder & lightning policy, water
- Creating and enforcing pool rules (slide, diving board,
- Pool party reservations
- Respond to guest comments and proactively addressing guest
comments with resolutions
- Identify all areas of concern for potential liability
- Run American Red Cross lifeguard certification classes (year
- Work with Guest Services Manager for logistics of swim lessons,
pool parties, payment accountability, programming,
- Available to assist swim team coach with try-outs,
registrations and home meets.Required Qualifications & Skills
- High School diploma or GED but college degree preferred
- Experience creating and maintaining documents with Microsoft
Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Minimum of 3 years' experience managing an aquatics
- Current certifications/experience in First Aid, CPR, and
- Must have or be willing to obtain a valid American Red Cross
- Must have or be willing to obtain Certified Pool Operator (CPO)
or Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) license
- Willingness to work flexible schedule including nights,
weekends, and/or Holidays as needed
- Willingness to cover or delegate someone to cover missed shifts
- Demonstrated ability to effectively resolve conflict
- Swim 50 yards and retrieve a 10 lb brick from the bottom of
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Some lifting required
Compensation & Benefits
- Annual salary commensurate with experience
- Full time/year round
- Eligible for benefits and PTO
- Gym membership
- Hotel Discounts
Keywords: Asheville Racquet Club South, Asheville , Aquatics Director, Executive , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...