Director, Physician Scheduling -
Posted on: September 12, 2018
This position will work from our national support center offices in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Responsible for operational support related to Clinician Scheduling and collaboration with leaders toward strategy and execution of initiatives to meet TeamHealth's goals around premium labor, growth, provider experience, process improvement and technology. Oversee staff resources that also deliver daily support from the National Support Center toward serving regional leaders and staff performing Scheduling functions and maintaining Scheduling software such as Tangier, Qgenda and TeamWorks.
- Leads Clinician Scheduling related projects, programs and initiatives to ensure appropriate prioritization and alignment with TeamHealth's goals and objectives.
- Provides strategic oversight to monitor effectiveness of Clinician Scheduling processes, identifies areas for improvement, and creatively determines solutions to resolve inefficiencies within Scheduling processes and practices and minimize premium labor.
- Participates in end-to-end and Clinician Scheduling specific process improvement activities, change management plans and communication strategies to achieve desired business results.
- Manages Clinician Scheduling project portfolios for effective resource support as well as assignments to best match skill set while affording development/learning opportunities.
- Monitors all Clinician Scheduling projects/programs/initiatives against established criteria and advises leadership team of status, issues, and risks that would affect the planned benefit.
- Collaborates with regional provider services, operations and finance teams supporting work to exceed providers' expectations, reduce costs/premium labor and cycle time and enhance administrative staff satisfaction.
- Acts as a leader/facilitator to identify, share and make recommendations related to Clinician Scheduling to create and institutionalize best practices of work processes across the organization
- Collaborates with IT to identify Clinician Scheduling software enhancements and/or new software solutions for projects/programs/initiatives for next level efficiency gains and competitive positioning of TeamHealth with providers.
- Fosters a metrics driven culture by ensuring that key Clinician Scheduling process indicators are identified, relevant data is collected, analyzed and acted upon.
- Partners with Operations Support SMEs, Operational Excellence, Educational Services, Talent Management/HR and EIT.
- Works with Educational Services toward the development/training of Clinician Scheduling leaders and staff.
- Routinely prepares related Clinician Scheduling-related presentations to senior sponsors and as needed for executive leaders.
- Institutes market leading Clinician Scheduling best practices to maximize quality and ensure operations are compliant with any related regulatory requirements.
- Leads long-term Clinician Scheduling strategy and deployment for organization related to operations solutions, process improvement and change management for ever increasingly complex business needs.
- Demonstrates ability to attract, retain and develop the best talent within department as well as influence other leaders/staff and collectively build capacity pipeline and succession planning.
- Supervises Clinician Scheduling Operations Support staff who collectively serves as resources and subject matter experts for TH Clinician Scheduling.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Moderate travel (overnight and out of town) up to 25%
- Job performed in a well-lit, modern office setting;
- Occasional lifting (25 pounds or less);
- Occasional standing;
- Moderate to high stress;
- Moderate prolonged hours of work (evening and weekend);
- Prolonged telephone use; and
- Prolonged sitting.
This position may require manual dexterity and/or frequent use of the computer, telephone, 10-key, calculator, office machines (copier, scanner, fax) and/or the ability to perform repetitive motions and/or meet production standards to comply with the essential functions. Also, may require physical and/or mental stamina to work overtime, additional hours beyond a regular schedule and/or more than five days per week.
- Advanced proficiency in various computer applications, i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail and presentation software as well as ability to acclimate quickly to TeamHealth supported software tools.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Hospital Management or Health Administration (or related field), or equivalent; MBA and/or MHA preferred;
- Two (2) to four (4) years of Management Experience directly supervising staff;
- Three (3) to five (5) years of related experience, preferably in a medical setting working closely with clinicians;
- Strong interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills;
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of human resource management principles and procedures
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices
Cooperative, positive, courteous and professional behavior and conduct is an essential function of every position. All employees must be able to work with others beyond giving and receiving instructions. This includes getting along with co-workers, peers and management without exhibiting behavior extremes. Job functions may require personal leadership skills such as conflict resolution, negotiating, instructing, persuading, speaking with others as well as responding appropriately to job performance feedback from the supervisor. Additionally, the information contained in this job description has been designated to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Keywords: TeamHealth, Asheville , Director, Physician Scheduling -, Executive , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!