Sr. Manager, Order to Cash, Finance Shared Services
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: October 8, 2018
Job DescriptionPosition Overview:
The objective of the Sr. Manager, Order-to-Cash (O2C), Finance Shared Services is to partner with the Finance Shared Services Center on key initiatives with a heavy focus on Collections, Cash Receipts and Credit Reviews. Additionally, the role will assist on centralizing select transactional activities into regional shared service center and drive consistency and efficiency through enabling technologies and process standardization where practical.
The Sr. Manager, Order-to-Cash is a key role on the Global Process Ownership team, assisting in the design, implementation, and stabilization of current and future processes in the Shared Service Center. This role will report into the Global Process Owner for Order-to-Cash.
The Sr. Manager, O2C will be responsible for the following activities for Order-to-Cash.
- Supports the existing design and future enhancements of Enabling Technology through business and technology partner engagement in the center while standardizing technology and where feasible, processes across business platforms
- Communicates, coordinates and incorporates organizational readiness
- Ensures that related process activities and changes are programmatically consistent with the objectives of the company, and properly operationalized and integrated to ensure a cohesive and consistent service experience
- Assists with Process Design and communicates with process users
- Support the stabilization of processes in the SSC post go-live
- Identifies gaps and issues that prohibit efficient and effective use of the business process to support business requirements across all constituencies
- Review key performance indicators with management functions at least monthly. Identify and track the root cause of service deficiencies and monitor activities executed for service remediation
- Leads the identification of improvements
- Remedies deficiencies or improves the efficiency and effectiveness of the business process for which they are responsible
- Highly Collaborative role
- Ensures that appropriate inputs and resources are brought to bear. This will ensure that organizational needs are met, and are consistent with the principles of efficiency and effectiveness and organizational readiness
- Conduct Knowledge Transfer from select remaining existing sites to employees in the new SSC, including:
- Assist with the development of Knowledge Transfer Strategy
- Responsibility and oversight for creation of Work Instructions and SOPs
- Scheduling and oversight of job-shadowing where necessary
- 10-12 years of progressive work experience in finance, accounting with 3-5 years within a Shared Service structure process
- Experience with collections enabling technology would be preferred
- Roll up your sleeves and can-do attitude, energetic, forward-thinking tem member with strong ability to multi-task & collaborate. Excellent business acumen - making the right calls at the right time
- Focuses on the big picture, and is able to drill into the detail and understand the impact. Understands how the business works and the upstream and downstream activities that impact and are impacted by Finance
- Demonstrated ability to partner with key technology stakeholders and external vendors on large technology implementations. Experience with large complex and cross organization projects
- Ability to engage with, provide guidance to, and quickly affect change across other teams/departments; ability to maintain collective motivation throughout the project
- Leadership, negotiation, interpersonal and strategic planning skills necessary to facilitate change and interact with senior management, division management, and business unit partners
- Business acumen to develop effective partnerships with key stakeholders and provide a strategic perspective in discussions and communications; including framing the needs of Finance and Groups in context of the larger Thermo Fisher organization
- Project Resources: The Sr. Manager, O2C will work across the shared service team, heavily interacting with the North America businesses, shared service site and process directors, internal technology teams and external consultants. Project team members include both Thermo Fisher resources and outside vendors
- External Stakeholders: The Sr. Manager, O2C may interact with external stakeholders to communicate changes in existing processes, if necessary
Location & Working Conditions:
- Relocation is not required for this position, however travel will be required
- Travel is estimated to be approximately 15%-20%, with a higher proportion at the start of the role in order to understand the process and build relationships
- Travel to San Jose, Costa Rica will also be required
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Asheville , Sr. Manager, Order to Cash, Finance Shared Services, Executive , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!