Production Manager - Printing/Finishing
Company: PLI Cards
Posted on: April 17, 2019
PLI is the largest Hospitality, Gift and Loyalty Card manufacturer
on the planet. But we know size without stature is meaningless.
Being the biggest is the purposeful result of our determined drive
to be the best. Dedicated to our customers' success. Invested in
our employees' goals and achievements. We work hard. We play hard.
We nurture our own and give back to our communities. We don't just
manufacture an impressive variety of card products. We deliver
solutions in card form. Production Manager - Printing/Finishing
We are searching for an experienced Production Manager -
Printing/Finishing at our Asheville, NC facility.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: Job Summary: Primary
responsibilities for the Production Manager are to coordinate and
direct the daily activities in manufacturing, tracking material
waste, and resolving quality issues across all shifts. Shift
Supervisors will take daily direction from the Production Manager
interacting in all aspects of card production. Other duties include
coordination with other department to satisfy customers' needs for
product and resolution of defective product issues.
- Manage and coordinate activities of personnel in card
- Manage the daily production schedules in all of card
manufacturing coordinating the off shift activities with the
respective shift supervisors
- Coordinates activities with maintenance to complete required
machine maintenance and repair
- Review and answer issues concerning quality or functionality of
product as it is being produced and inspected
- Review raw material components and supplies and send order
requested to accounting for processing
- Track and review waste from production process to ensure
efficient material use
- Count raw material and work-in progress for month end inventory
- Complete basic human resource duties such as vacation approval
and employee evaluations
- Perform these and other duties as assigned by supervisor or
other appropriate management personnel
Required Qualifications: Education:
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business Administration or
related field preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 5 or more years supervisory experience required with teams of
50 or more
- Demonstrated leadership skills in developing leaders, managing
multiple teams across 3 shifts in a manufacturing environment and
making process improvements
- Printing and Finishing industry experience preferred
- Lean Manufacturing methodologies and practices preferred
- Ability to multi-prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organization skills and computer skills Physical
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit, speak, hear and comprehend. The employee is
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and
reach with hands and arms on a daily basis. The employee must be
able to lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily
in an indoor setting, but may be exposed to variable temperature
conditions indoor and outside (occasionally extreme heat or extreme
cold). The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical
parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust and/or mite hazards.
The employee must be prepared to respond to emergencies should they
occur. The noise level in the environment is usually moderate.
Exempt Salaried - Regular Full-Time Annual Salary
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic
protected by law. We are an equal employment opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: PLI Cards, Asheville , Production Manager - Printing/Finishing, Executive , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!