Occupational Health Nurse
Posted on: January 9, 2021
MAHEC seeks to fill the Occupational Health Nurse role who will
be responsible for overseeing the Infection Prevention and Employee
Health programs. This work includes assurance of compliance with
regulatory requirements related to clinical operations.ESSENTIAL
- Leads the organizational Respiratory Protection Program.
- Oversees employee health requirements for new employees at time
- Oversees supply, administration and tracking of employee
- Leads Infection Prevention training, education and awareness
- Leads awareness of and responses, in partnership with Talent
Management to employeeinfectious diseases.
- Leads audits of Infection Prevention measures (i.e. Hand
- In conjunction with Clinical Leaders, coordinates
organizational Infection Prevention initiatives,including but not
limited to: annual risk assessment, establishing and maintaining
policies andprocedures, monitoring compliance with infection
control policies and procedures, reporting andstatistical data
analysis, staff education and training, tracking/reporting of
immunizations andinfectious diseases, annual TB screening, exposure
controls and other work-related injuries.
- Provides overall direction of infection prevention plans and
committee to encompass compliancewith Accreditation Association of
Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), CMS, OSHA, state and
localregulations and all other applicable regulatory agencies.
- Actively collaborates with providers, clinicians, leaders and
other staff to provide resourceinformation, guidance, support, and
resolution of infection control issues and identify
newopportunities to improve care and reduce waste.
- Leads responses to employee and facilities occupational health
needs, including but not limited topest infestations and 911 calls.
- Tracks compliance of clinical support staff licensure and
- Maintains Employee Health files.
- Leads organizational Workers' Compensation program and
- Reports accidents/injuries to the Workers' compensation
- Monitors and communicates with Leaders and Talent Management
regarding employees with WCclaims regarding: projected time off
work, anticipated return to work (RTW) status, and any
- Oversees the Incident Report/Workers' Compensation
- Manages Workers' Compensation claims through direct contact
with injured employees,supervisors and other witnesses as
appropriate to collect information regarding incidents.
- Explains process to injured employees and provides regular
updates on claim(s).
- Interacts with various external persons such as insurance
adjusters, attorneys and other parties tocoordinate the processing
- Conducts Annual Workers' Compensation Renewal and Audit.
- Maintains OSHA logs and prepares required state reports
annually.CORPORATE COMPLIANCESupports MAHEC's ethical and mutually
respectful work environment by:
- Performing all job-related responsibilities in a manner
consistent with MAHEC's Compliancepolicies and Standards of Conduct
- Completing all Compliance training in a timely manner
- Reporting any concerns or perceived Compliance violations to
their supervisor and/or theCompliance Office in a timely
mannerEDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:Minimum Required.Any combination
of education and/or experience equivalent to:Bachelor's Degree in
Nursing with a focus on Occupational Health, Infection Control
and/or Safety or related field required; andMinimum 2 years
applicable experience requiredQualifications Preferred.Five (5)
years' experience preferred.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES,
REGISTRATIONS:Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher; Certification
in Infection Control preferred.COMPUTER SKILLS:Strong computer
skills in Microsoft Word and Excel required. Proficiency in Access
and Outlook preferred.COMMUNICATION SKILLS:Excellent communication
skills including verbal and written required.Must be able to
articulate clearly, succinctly, and in an organized manner.FOREIGN
LANGUAGE SKILLS:Spanish-speaking preferredADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Must be an excellent team player
- High level of confidentiality required
- Must have the ability to demonstrate appropriate service
orientation in all interactions withinorganization and with
customers, patients, and visitors.MAHEC, Human Resources is located
at 121 Hendersonville Road, Asheville, NC 28803. Equal Opportunity
Employer. Black, Indigenous, People of Color and Spanish/English
bilingual persons are strongly encouraged to apply. Position Open
Until Filled.MAHEC is a certified Living Wage employer through Just
Economics of Western North Carolina. We offer excellent benefits
and are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable
workplace.Position Open Until Filled.
Keywords: MAHEC, Asheville , Occupational Health Nurse, Healthcare , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!