RN Wound Care - Part-Time
Company: Harris Regional Hospital
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Harris Regional Hospital
The Wound Care RN as a clinical resource in-patients with selected
disorders of the gastrointestinal, genitourinary and integumentary
Provides nursing care to patients with ostomies, fistulae, tubes,
dermal wounds, and incontinence. This is accomplished primarily
through the provision of direct patient care, consultation, setting
clinical standards, providing for educational activities, and
involvement in research activities. -These responsibilities are
performed in collaboration with the Harris Regional Hospital
Promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing
process. Collaborates with physicians and multidisciplinary team
members. Provides physical and psychological support to patients,
friends, and families. Supervises assigned team members. -Assists
with orienting new employees and students as required.
This position is located at Harris Regional Hospital in Sylva,
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary
to adequately perform this job. -However, an equivalent combination
of experience, education and training which provides the necessary
knowledge skills and abilities would be acceptable, subject to any
legal and/or regulatory requirements.
Education and experience -:
1. Must fulfill the education requirements of the Registered Nurse
and hold an unencumbered/current North Carolina license as a
2. Current BLS maintained.
3. Experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute care setting for at
least 1 year preferred.
4. WOCN preferred.
1. Ability to lift and move at least 50 pounds.
2. Ability to see colors, see at least 1 mm squares.
3. Ability to hear and distinguish heart, lung, and bowel
4. Ability to reach overhead.
5. Ability to remain calm, continue to function effectively and
develop priorities during stressful situations.
6. Ability to communicate effectively using written and verbal
7. Ability to move and operate equipment and carry supplies.
8. Ability to sit, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment
Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with
all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee
or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age,
religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender
identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis
protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Harris Regional Hospital, Asheville , RN Wound Care - Part-Time, Healthcare , Sylva, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!