School Based Behavioral Health Therapist - Asheville City Schools
Posted on: May 17, 2022
The School Based Behavioral Health Therapist will provide School
Based Outpatient Treatment, Therapeutic Classrooms, Prevention
Programs. The Therapist role is multi- faceted and includes meeting
of clinical benchmarks for quality care and productivity, ensuring
proper care is being provided in accordance with program
contracts/regulations, fiscal responsibility and/or assigned
program(s). This position will report to the Manager, School Based
Behavioral Health and supports school(s) in the Asheville City
School District.As a faulty member of MAHEC, this individual will
provide teaching and didactic instruction to MAHEC Psychiatry
learners. Provides teaching, training and supervision of medical
students, residents, fellows, psychology interns, mental health
students, and/or advanced practice clinical students, as assigned;
may be assigned to mentor junior staff.SPECIFIC
- Provide individual, family, and group therapy to clients using
clinical models and modalities approved by the agency and the
service definition for children and adults who are being referred
to mental health and substance abuse services.
- Conduct Comprehensive Clinical Assessments, trauma-screenings,
threat assessments and comprehensive crisis plans.
- Incorporate internal and external collateral information (i.e.
CCAs, Psychological Testing, Medical Evaluations, etc.) into case
conceptualization and treatment planning.
- Participate in program and activity planning related to
therapeutic activities and treatment.
- Participate in treatment planning and implementation including
conducting/participating in clinical service teams, linking and
referring clients/families to services, and other programming as
described in the service definition or by SBBH Manager.
- Provide support and training to clients and staff related to
behavioral strategies and interventions through the use of
- Participate in 24/7 on-call crisis response. Some positions may
require a primary focus on crisis assessment in the school
- Complete documentation required including progress notes,
treatment plans, service authorization requests, and clinical
intakes at co-location offices when applicable within the time
- Submit clinical assessments, clinical addendums, internal
transfer documentation, clinical conference notes, and client
discharge paperwork within designated time frames set by SBBH
- Required participation in clinical staffings, monthly
administrative meetings and supervision with SBBH Manager.KNOWLEDGE
AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Planning and time management and strong organizational
- A valid driver's license along with access to a vehicle.
- Management of work processes along with strong computer skills
for documentation purposes.
- Ability to be flexible especially with scheduling and to
perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and
in writing required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Effective time management skills and ability to work under
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to
detailEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master's degree in Mental Health, Counseling, Social Work or
related field with a minimum of one year experience.REQUIRED
- LCSW (Licensed Clinical Social Worker), LMHC (Licensed Clinical
Mental Health Counselor)OR
- Doctoral Level Psychologist (PhD, PsyD)
- Some Positions may Require LCASFOREIGN LANGUAGE SKILLS:Spanish
preferred.SCHEDULE:This is an 11 month position with the month of
July off. Typical business hours are Monday - Friday, 7:30 am to
4:30 pm (or flexible to best meet the needs of the clients and/or
the department); weekend, holiday, or evening coverage is may be
required. Work hours will need to be flexible in order to respond
to special work assignments, or evening activities.REPORTING
RELATIONSHIP:Position reports to the Manager, School Based
Behavioral Health.Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, MAHEC has
worked tirelessly to promote evidence-based practices across our
entire organization. With this in mind, all MAHEC employees and
learners will be required to receive the COVID-19 vaccine or have
an approved exemption (for employees only).MAHEC Talent Management
is located at 121 Hendersonville Road, Asheville, NC 28803. Equal
Opportunity Employer. Black, Indigenous, People of Color and
Spanish/English bilingual persons are strongly encouraged to
MAHEC is a certified Living Wage employer through Just Economics of
Western North Carolina. We offer excellent benefits and are
committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable
Keywords: MAHEC, Asheville , School Based Behavioral Health Therapist - Asheville City Schools, Healthcare , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!