Clinical RN II
Company: Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Summary Position Summary
The Registered Nurse (R.N.) provides nursing care to patients in
compliance with the SC Nurse Practice Act and organization
protocols, policies, procedures and guidelines. The R.N.
demonstrates clinical competency utilizing evidence-based practices
and research in all areas of the nursing process: assessment,
planning, implementation, evaluation and outcomes. The R.N.
demonstrates thorough knowledge of therapeutic patient care,
patient advocacy, clinical pathways/care maps, team dynamics,
hospital systems, and serves as a resource for support associates.
The R.N. will collaborate with leadership in developing and
implementing the Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System's culture,
Mission, Vision, and values. Associates are encouraged to support
Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System's involvement in the
community we serve.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Novice to expert nurse
- Current R.N. licensure in the state of South Carolina or
- BLS provider
Core Job Responsibilities
- Basic computer skills
- Adheres to system wide standards of behavior
- Adheres to proper chain of command
- Meets continuing education requirements, demonstrates knowledge
of and ensures compliance with all clinical expectations of
regulatory agency requirements (DNV, DHEC, CMS)
- Effectively communicates with patients, families, physicians
and hospital associates
- Knowledgeable in use of and response to Facility Alert, Medical
Alert, Medical Emergency Systems
- Develops, implements, evaluates and revises plan of care based
on physical, psychosocial, spiritual, and educational needs of the
- Provides a safe patient care environment
- Collaborates with patients, families, and other members of the
health care team to determine patient priorities and
- Coordinates, provides and directs patient teaching
- Initiates and facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration to
- Seeks necessary assistance in completing nursing interventions
to assure positive patient outcomes
- Responsible for demonstrating competency for all new equipment
- Provides clinical guidance to students
- Successfully completes hospital and unit-based orientation
- Formulates a plan for professional growth
- Identifies the need to develop or revise policies and
- Serves on unit-based committees
- Prioritizes nursing interventions for an assigned group of
- Assesses assigned patients' medical history, admitting
diagnosis and physician's orders, obtaining nursing history,
performing physical assessment, evaluating diagnostic data, and
interviewing patient and family to determine patient needs
- Demonstrates knowledge of professional nursing practice and
- Assures continuity of care through effective decision making
resulting in quality patient care
- Documents all aspects of patient care by following established
charting procedure to show the patient's progress or any change in
the patient's condition
- Remains committed to unit, department and division
- Other Duties as assigned
Additional Information Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
(SRHS) offers a full spectrum of services through six hospital
campuses: Spartanburg Medical Center, Spartanburg Medical Center -
Mary Black Campus, Pelham Medical Center, Cherokee Medical Center,
Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative Care and Union Medical Center.
SRHS also includes Ellen Sagar Nursing Center and Woodruff Manor.
SRHS provides unparalleled cancer care through Gibbs Cancer Center
& Research Institute, with locations in Spartanburg, Greer, Union
and Gaffney. The multidisciplinary Medical Group of the Carolinas
has more than 600 physicians across Upstate South Carolina and
western North Carolina. SRHS employs more than 9,000 associates and
offers outpatient surgery centers and a Level I Trauma Center.
Founded on Aug. 29, 1921, as Spartanburg General Hospital,
Spartanburg Regional celebrates over 100 years of excellence.
- - - - - -
Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System (SRHS) offers a full
spectrum of services through four hospitals: Spartanburg Medical
Center, Pelham Medical Center, Spartanburg Hospital for Restorative
Care and Union Medical Center. SRHS also includes Ellen Sagar
Nursing Center, 113-bed long-term care, skilled nursing facility
that offers nursing care and rehabilitation services.
SRHS provides unparalleled oncological care through the Gibbs
Cancer Center & Research Institute. The multidisciplinary Medical
Group of the Carolinas has more than 300 physicians across seven
counties in two states.
SRHS employs nearly 6,000 associates and offers outpatient surgery
centers, a vibrant post-acute division, and a Level I Trauma
Keywords: Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System, Asheville , Clinical RN II, Healthcare , Greer, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!