Certified Nursing Assistant - CNA
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: September 25, 2022
OverviewMake Lives Better Including Your Own.If you want to work
in an environment where you can become your best possible self,
join us! Youll earn more than a paycheck; you can find
opportunities to grow your career through professional development,
as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall health and
wellness. Full suite of health insurance, life insurance and
retirement plans are available and vary by employment status.
Additional benefits offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts Veterans, transitioning active
duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to
apply. Please note, Brookdale is committed to complying with all
applicable laws and regulations regarding mandatory COVID-19
vaccination.ResponsibilitiesProvides direct care to clients, while
promoting the clients highest level of functioning, as directed by
the BAH Agency Leader and/or under the supervision of a licensed
nurse when applicable by state rule. Assists in maintaining the
clients environment in a safe and neat manner. Promotes quality
services within non-skilled home care standards as well as
applicable state home care agency regulations.
- Receives and communicates changes in the clients care needs and
requested changes in specific home care services to the BAH Agency
Leader as needed.
- Provides personal care and/or concierge/homemaker/companion
services to the client per their individualized plan of care.
- Documents all pertinent information regarding care as
- Prepares residents for meals and assists to and from the dining
areas. Assists with set up and feeding of meals.
- Assists residents with toilet and incontinence care. Makes
incontinence checks at least every 2 hours and provides incontinent
care as needed when providing care greater than 2 hours in a
- Keeps clients home neat and clean.
- Performs vital signs, B/Ps, weights and other trained
procedures as per clients care plan.
- Completes prevention and restorative care that includes but not
limited to PROM, AROM, ambulation, transferring, bathing, grooming,
and other ADL care according to the plan of care.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the home care agencys policy &
procedures pertinent to role.
- Assists in turning, positioning, and repositioning of
- Communicates effectively with the clients, families, visitors
and the BAH agency leader and scheduler.
- Actively participates in Community Quality Assurance
- Maintains education development to include attending ongoing
education development to maintain compliance with State and Federal
Regulations and current knowledge of client care practices and
maintains compliance with required annual training.
- Maintains client confidentiality.
- Assists clients with activities of daily living, including
bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring, and getting
to and from activities and meals according to the client plan of
- Assists clients with homemaker companion tasks such as laundry,
shopping, light housekeeping, meals, according to the plan of
- Follows infection control and safety policies and
- Maintains means to travel to clients homes to arrive on time
- Communicates with supervisor at least 2 hours prior to
assignment if unable to come to work.This job description
represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above
referenced position. It is not intended to represent a
comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform
all duties as assigned by his/her
supervisor.QualificationsEducation and ExperienceProof of
completing an approved Certified Nursing Assistant program is
required. Six months experience in health care is
preferred.Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special
RequirementsSuccessful completion of State C.N.A. course. Must
maintain CNA certification.Management/Decision MakingMakes standard
and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little
independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear,
detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.Knowledge
and SkillsHas a basic level of a skill and can follow written or
verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few
repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the
organization in order to answer basic questions. Must have working
knowledge of facility emergency procedures including fire and
disaster drills. Ability to follow facility policies. Ability to
maintain resident confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA
policies.Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
- Requires Travel: FrequentlyBrookdale is an equal opportunity
employer and a drug-free workplace.Job
LocationsUS-NC-HendersonvilleCategory Healthcare Sub-Category
Clinical Care Position Type Regular Full-Time Shift All Shifts ID
2022-182300 Location : NameBrookdale Hendersonville E-BAHLocation :
Address2601 Chimney Rock RoadLocation :
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Asheville , Certified Nursing Assistant - CNA, Healthcare , Hendersonville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!