Patient Services Representative / Premier Medical
Posted on: January 27, 2023
- Greets and registers patients in prompt, pleasant, and
- Verifies all necessary information such as demographics and
insurance information in the patient medical record or file.
- Responsible for preparation of patient medical records for
- Updates profiles on the patients.
- Responsible for filing medical histories, labs, correspondence
and other information in patient medical records in proper order
following departmental guidelines.
- Maintains and updates current information on appointment
schedules ensuring that patients are scheduled properly and
appointments are confirmed, posts all cancelled, re-scheduled or no
- Responsible for collecting all co-pays and small balances and
balancing drawer daily.
- Responsible for patient referrals.
- Must be knowledgeable of EMR (Athena)
- Answers telephone, screens calls and provides information as
- Assisting other staff as directed.
- Other job functions as directed.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Must demonstrate current competencies applicable for the
position such as typing or data entry.
- Knowledge of clinic/medical practice procedures related to all
- Knowledge of phone system, copiers and fax machines.
- Knowledge of customer services principles and techniques.
- Must be capable of screening and directing calls in courteous
and expeditious manner.
- Must be skilled in customer service and have a pleasant and
courteous demeanor while dealing with all callers and must be able
to effectively serve as a clinic liaison.
- Must be able to respond to stressful or emergency situations in
a calm and effective manner.
- Must have the ability to work cooperatively as a member of
office staff and team.
- Must be able to lift 30-50 pounds.
- Mostly sedentary with some standing, walking, reaching.
- Daily and repetitive data entry.
- Periodic stress from handling many calls and patient
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Keywords: HealthStar, Asheville , Patient Services Representative / Premier Medical, Healthcare , Newport, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!