Nurse Educator Surgical Services
Company: Mission Hospital
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Description IntroductionDo you want to be appreciated daily? Our
nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for
patients. At Mission Hospital our nurses set us apart from any
other healthcare provider. We are seeking a Nurse Educator -
Surgical Services to join our healthcare family.BenefitsMission
Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health,
life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans
and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At Mission Hospital, our nurses play a vital part. We know that
every nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create
your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your
career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to
create the career path that fits their life - for life - and
empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Nurse
Educator opportunity.Job Summary and QualificationsThe Clinical
Professional Development Educator enhances professional practice
and the provision of quality patient care by providing
evidence-based quality educational programs and activities that
promote professional competency for nursing, inter-professional,
and non-licensed clinical staff at the assigned facility. - -In
this role you will: -
- Participates in the development, coordination, managing,
facilitating, conducting, and evaluating of onboarding and
orientation programs for nursing and other healthcare personnel.
- Provides orientation/onboarding programs to promote employee
- Collaborates with the Director of Clinical Professional
Development to adjust the program based on evaluation results.
- Participates in the development, coordination, and management
of facilitating, conducting, and evaluating competency. -
- Designs and identifies educational activities to address
practice gaps for identified target audiences, including licensed
and non-licensed healthcare personnel, in alignment with HCA and
division clinical education request and development processes.
- Develops activities to achieve specific outcomes related to
identified deficits or opportunities for improvement in knowledge,
skill and practice. Plans educational content delivery that
encourages learner engagement. -
- Promotes and integrates the EBP in order to continuously
improve practice. Conducts, encourages, facilitates, and/or
participates in research, EBP, and QI in patient care settings.
- Identifies and develops strategies to facilitate a continuous
process of maturation through lifelong learning. -
- Utilizes novice-to-expert continuum when developing staff.
Identifies and provides opportunities for skill enhancement and
mastery. -What experience and education is needed for this role:---
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or
other clinical field Required -
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or other
clinical field Preferred -
- 3+ years' experience in an acute care setting Required -
- 2+ years' experience in clinical education Preferred -
- Currently licensed as an RN in the state of practice or has an
active compact state license in accordance with law and regulation
- Basic Life Saving (BLS) Required -This role requires you to be
fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal
law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved). is a critical part of HCA Healthcare's strategy. Our
focus is to improve performance and reduce costs. We do this by
joining non-clinical and administrative functions. HealthTrust
Supply Chain best practice methodologies. We develop, apply and
monitor cost-efficient initiatives and programs for HCA Healthcare.
By improving facility efficiency, medical professionals can focus
on our mission - patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies - by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's
family first, and the really great institutions will provide care
with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Join a family that cares about every
stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Nurse
Educator opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent
Acquisition team will reach out.We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: Mission Hospital, Asheville , Nurse Educator Surgical Services, Healthcare , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!