Registered Nurse - Progressive Care FT Days
Company: Mission Hospital
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Description IntroductionThis position is eligible for a
voluntary -sign on bonus with a 2-year commitment to Mission
Health. Sign-on bonus will be paid out in your first paycheck! This
position also has newly increased rates!*Current HCA employees and
those employed by HCA anytime in the last 6 months are not eligible
to receive the sign on bonus.Are you passionate about the patient
experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for
patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family!
Jump-start your career as a(an) Registered Nurse - Progressive Care
FT Days today with Mission Hospital.BenefitsMission Hospital,
offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life,
career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Registered Nurse - Progressive Care FT
Days. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and
our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable
organizations. Apply Today!Job Summary and Qualifications
- The Progressive Care Registered Nurse coordinates and delivers
high quality, patient-centered care. In collaboration with medical
providers, the RN provides pre-operative and post-operative nursing
- The RN serves as an advocate for patients to support an
unparalleled patient experience.
- Provides leadership which facilitates the delivery of
professional nursing care for the comfort and well-being of
patients. Utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning,
implementation, and evaluation, to provide, delegate, supervise and
document care and teaching of patients and family.
- Implements medically prescribed interventions.What you will do
in this role:
- Assess patient condition during admission and during each
shift, identifying and reporting any changes in patient
- Perform procedures or other functions as ordered by the medical
- Document the administration of care in the patient medical
record in a timely and thorough manner.
- Perform the administration of prescribed medications and
- Maintain a knowledge of medications, procedures, and equipment
used in the care of cardiac and medical-surgical patients.What
qualifications you will need:
- Required Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing or enroll in
a BSN or advanced degree program and obtain a BSN within 5 years of
hire date into RN position. Grandfathering will be accepted between
departments and Mission Health entities. Exemptions, or extensions,
may be approved by the facility CNO and reported out to the CNO
Council members. Each facility will ensure tracking of exemptions
should this information be needed. RNs with 10 years or more of
experience are exempt.
- Preferred Education: Masters in Nursing.
- Required License/Certifications: Must have and maintain current
licensure as registered nurse with the North Carolina Board of
Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse License Compact) license may apply,
licensee should confirm with NCBON
- Certificate: BLS Healthcare Provider
- Preferred License/Certifications: National Certification in
area of specialty
- Required Experience: One year nursing experienceMission
Hospital is located in Asheville, North Carolina. This is Mission
Health's flagship hospital, licensed for 815 beds. Healthgrades
named Mission Hospital as of one America's 50 Best Hospitals from
2020-2023. Mission Hospital is in the top 1% of hospitals in the
nation for providing the highest clinical quality year over year.
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade recognized Mission Hospital with an
"A," nationally recognizing Mission Hospital's achievements in
protecting patients and providing safer healthcare. Mission
Hospital also earned the prestigious Magnet Designation in November
2020. This is the highest international honor that distinguishes
organizations that meet rigorous nursing excellence standards. We
are the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care.
We are the region's only Level II trauma center. Mission Hospital
also includes Mission Children's Hospital. The region's only
children's hospital - providing 30 pediatric sub-specialists. We're
the busiest surgical hospital west of Raleigh, North Carolina. We
are the second-busiest in the state. Mission Hospital provides the
only open heart and interventional cardiology in the region. We are
the only Cyberknife provider west of Raleigh.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the Worlds Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses. -
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's
family first, and the really great institutions will provide care
with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr.
Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Registered Nurse - Progressive Care FT Days opening.
We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates
will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and
apply today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Mission Hospital, Asheville , Registered Nurse - Progressive Care FT Days, Healthcare , Brevard, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!