Clinical Nurse Coordinator Med Surg Ortho
Company: Mission Hospital
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Description Introduction This position is eligible for a sign on
bonus with a 2 year commitment to Mission Health. Ask Recruiter for
more details. Do you have the career opportunities as a(an)
Med-Surg Ortho CNC you want with your current employer? We have an
exciting opportunity for you to join Mission Hospital which is part
of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA
Healthcare. Benefits Mission Hospital, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits Note: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location. Our teams are a committed, caring group of
colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Med-Surg Ortho CNC where
your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued?
If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this
could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and
expertise! Job Summary and Qualifications The Clinical Nurse
Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high quality,
patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the
unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration with
other members of the management team, the CNC directs, monitors,
and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established
policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and
models a commitment to the organization's vision/mission/values to
support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes
that contribute to overall departmental performance. What you will
do in this role:
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure
efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of the quality of
patient care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with
other members of the management team.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other managers to
create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes
- Supports a patient-first philosophy and engages in service
recovery when necessary.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by
operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee
rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting,
and training new staff. Recommends and implements courses of
action, including training and development, conflict resolution,
personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations,
and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively better
- Assists with staff scheduling. Manages all practical aspects of
staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established
- Supports proper inventory control and assists with managing
supplies and equipment. What qualifications you will need:
- Required Experience: 1+ years applicable experience
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Effective
6/24/2021 (NC Division): Bachelor of Science in Nursing or enroll
in a BSN or advanced degree program and obtain a BSN within 5 years
of hire date into RN position. Grandfathering will be accepted
between departments and Mission Health entities. Exemptions, or
extensions, may be approved by the facility CNO and reported out to
the CNO Council members. Each facility will ensure tracking of
exemptions should this information be needed. RNs with 10 years or
more of experience are exempt.
- Preferred Education: Master's Degree in Nursing
- Required License: Currently licensed as a registered
professional nurse in the state(s) of practice and/or has an active
compact license, in accordance with law and regulation. Must have
and maintain current licensure as registered nurse with the North
Carolina Board of Nursing. eNLC (Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact)
license may apply, licensee should confirm with NCBON.
- Required Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Preferred Certification: National Nursing Certification in area
of specialtyMission Hospital, located in Asheville, is Mission
Health's flagship hospital and is licensed for 763 beds. Business
North Carolina ranked Mission Hospital the No. 1 "Best Hospital" in
North Carolina for 2017 and 2018, and Mission Hospital ranked among
the top 1% of "Best Hospitals" nationally in 2016 by Healthgrades.
We are the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary
care and the region's only Level II trauma center. Mission Hospital
also includes Mission Children's Hospital - the region's only
children's hospital - providing 30 pediatric sub-specialists. We're
the busiest surgical hospital west of Raleigh, North Carolina, and
the second-busiest in the state. Mission Hospital provides the only
open heart and interventional cardiology in the region, and is the
only Cyberknife provider west of Raleigh. "Bricks and mortar do not
make a hospital. People do." - Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr. HCA Healthcare
Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity that provides
satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our
Med-Surg Ortho CNC opening. We promptly review all applications.
Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Unlock the possibilities and apply today! We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status. Current HCA employees and those
employed by HCA anytime within the past 6 months are not eligible
to receive the sign on bonus.
Keywords: Mission Hospital, Asheville , Clinical Nurse Coordinator Med Surg Ortho, Healthcare , Waynesville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!