Company: Asheville Specialty Hospital
Posted on: September 9, 2018
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Asheville, NC - Asheville, NCPosition Type PRN-As NeededEducation Level 2 Year DegreeSalary Range UndisclosedTravel Percentage NoneJob Shift AnyJob Category Health CareDescription Role Summary The respiratory therapist is responsible for the management of respiratory care patients in the administration of respiratory procedures including critical, emergency and routine therapy. They are to perform procedures which are appropriate for the patient's diagnosis, developmental ability and age. The therapist will also be responsible for drawing, processing and interpreting arterial blood gases. They will be responsible for maintaining the equipment necessary to perform arterial blood gas analysis. Essential Responsibilities
- Provides appropriate routine and critical respiratory care.
- Performs assessments for the initiation of therapy and when there is a change in patient condition.
- Adjust respiratory care procedures within the appropriate protocols.
- Perform arterial blood gas puncture, analysis and ensure that results are delivered to the care giver or medical staff.
- Documents all respiratory procedures performed and adjust therapy per protocols.
- Participates in clinical team activities and communicates with the medical staff.
- Provides education to families, patients and peers.
- Collaborates with nurses, medical staff and other ancillary staff to develop care plans
- Serves as an advocate for patients and family
- Serves as a preceptor during orientation for new staff and students as assigned
- Completes other duties to support departmental operations and goals as assigned
- Follow standard precautions and use personal protective equipment as required
- Participates in quality improvement activities. Organizational Expectations CORE VALUES RESPECT: We respect the individual dignity of all persons and demonstrate genuine care for the individual needs of patients, families, and other staff members. INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all of our actions in the delivery of patient care and in all business dealings. TRUST: We understand that patients and families trust us to provide the best care possible and we have a responsibility to be professional and trustworthy in all of our actions. EXCELLENCE: We continually strive to achieve excellence by exceeding patients/family needs, identifying and acting upon opportunities for performance improvement and committing ourselves to professional education. FLEXIBILTY: We understand that healthcare is a dynamic and constantly changing field and we must be responsive and adaptive to meet these challenges. Communication The employee effectively communicates appropriate and thorough information, in a professional and respectful manner, to all customers and teammates in accordance with ASH Core Values. Teamwork The employee is an effective team member by supporting inter-disciplinary collaboration and readily assisting co-workers. The employee displays ASH Core Values by performing duties within their scope of practice, as assigned. Customer Service and Accountability The employee demonstrates a positive attitude and willingness to assist customers and team members to meet or exceed all expectations of care. The employee embraces diversity within the work environment and consistently interacts with all customers and team members in a friendly and respectful manner. Professional Conduct and Work Ethics The employee exhibits a positive attitude in support of the organization and leadership. The employee treats hospital resources and property with respect and in a manner that reflects awareness of financial responsibility. The employee adheres to all policies and procedures related to safety, infection control, and corporate compliance. Qualifications Qualifications and Requirements LICENSE: Must have and maintain current licensure as respiratory care practitioner with the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) and North Carolina Board of Respiratory Care (NCBRC). Must have and maintain current BLS certification. Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities Education: Associate Degree in Respiratory Therapy License: advance cardiac life support (ACLS) at hire or within 6 months of hire EXPERIENCE: Two-years of critical care experience. Working Conditions Work requires standing, walking, sitting, lifting, reaching, stooping, crawling, twisting, pushing, pulling and bending. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in handling patients, medical equipment and supplies. Intact (or corrected) visual acuity, hearing, smell and touch is required. Manual and finger dexterity is required. Must be able to speak and understand English with the ability to communicate effectively. Physical abilities testing may be required. Additional departmental requirements may be identified as defined by department manager. Use of personal protective equipment is required due to potential exposure to blood or body fluids.
Keywords: Asheville Specialty Hospital, Asheville , Respiratory Therapist, Healthcare , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!