Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: September 13, 2018
The incumbent will serve as a Staff Physician (Geriatrician) in the Charles George VAMC Geri-PACT under the Chief, Geriatric & Extended Care service. Physician duties will include, performing and recording history and physical examinations and records data from patient visits on a frail, elderly, clinically complex population. The Physician for the GERI PACT is accountable to the Chief of G&EC. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- The incumbent will evaluate, consult, develop diagnosis, and manage the primary care of patients assigned. He/She enters progress notes in computerized medical record and completes workload documentation in a timely matter.
- Provides medical care encompassing acute and chronic medical conditions.
- Order diagnostic test, medications. Laboratory test as medically relevant for each patient.
- Provides timely follow-upon results, including completion of view alerts.
- Determines medical assessment and develop treatment plans according to accepted protocols.
- Prescribes medication according to approved formulary, and in accordance with Federal and States Law.
- Work closely with interdisciplinary Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) teams.
- Responsible for performance improvement activities in the GPC clinics. Devotes 80% of time to direct patient care, serves as a role model for peers.
- Clinical work is assigned through referrals from various providers examples include Primary Care, Emergency Department, Internal Medicine and Mental Health. Types of referral include outpatient, inpatient, ED, outside VAMC facilities or facilities in the community. These referrals will be assigned from the supervising physician.
- Administrative duties are assigned based upon recommendations/tasks assigned by the G&EC Service Chief and facility needs to maintain/improve a quality Geriatric program.
- The incumbent will be cross trained for other geriatric physician positions within the G&EC: to include but not limited by Community Living Center, Home Base Primary Care, Hospice/Palliative Care, etc. Preferred Experience: in Geriatrics, Acute Care, Palliative Care & Extended Care. Work Schedule: Monday - Friday - 08:00 am - 4:30 pm (Hours may change based on the needs of the Medical Facility) Position Description Title/PD#: Physician (Geriatrician) GERI-PACT/#0000 Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not Available Telework: Not Available Virtual: Not a virtual position. Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized Financial Disclosure Report: Not RequiredBasic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. Preferred Experience: Board eligible or certified in Geriatric Medicine; Geriatric Medicine Fellowship Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP): The applicant selected for this position may be eligible to apply for an education loan reimbursement award up to the maximum limitation under the provision of the Education Debt Reduction Program. Eligibility to apply does not guarantee acceptance into the program. Approval for EDRP awards are subject to the availability of funding. Physical Requirements: Candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment physical. Position requires walking, standing, reading typewritten material without strain, ability to hear conversational voice, emotional and mental stability, and working closely with others. A respirator medical evaluation is also required. THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT WITH A CLOSING DATE OF December 03, 2018. The initial date is March 6, 2018. Applications will be reviewed every 15 business days thereafter. Applications will remain on file for the time-period of this announcement.None To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type):
- Resume VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Asheville , Physician (Geriatrician), Healthcare , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!