Physician, Chief (Anesthesia)
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: September 13, 2018
The Chief of the Anesthesiology at the Charles George VAMC is expected to provide the most effective delivery of anesthesia care throughout the medical center, in compliance with VA and VHA Directives and Joint Commission accreditation standards. The Chief will act as the subject matter expert for all anesthesia care, concerns, and needs that arise related to provision of such care in our healthcare system. The Chief will work under direction of, and report directly to, the Chief of Surgical Services. In addition to maintaining consistent clinical staffing levels within the Section to meet the demands of the facility, the Chief will ensure that all appropriate modalities of anesthesia care are available to Veteran patients undergoing surgical procedures. The Chief is responsible for maintaining clinical privileges and licensure. The Chief of Anesthesia will also provide administrative, clinical, and programmatic leadership for the Anesthesiology Section to maintain clinical and educational excellence, as monitored by various VHA metrics. In leading the Anesthesia Section, the Chief is responsible for supervision of all staff within the section. The Chief CRNA is available and expected to assist in these administrative functions. Duties for the position of Physician (Chief, Anesthesiologist) include:
- Performs as the Chief Anesthesiologist in the Surgical Service Care Line.
- Performs the full spectrum of Anesthesiology procedures.
- Performs procedures for cardiac anesthesia including TEE (does not require TEE certification).
- Responsible for direct supervision of perioperative anesthetic care to patients, including preoperative assessment, intraoperative anesthetic administration and monitoring, and post-anesthesia care, in compliance with national accreditation standards.
- Supervisor for staff Anesthesiologists and Chief CRNA
- Responsible for Out of OR Airway Management Program at CGVAMC
- Participate, as an anesthesia subject matter expert, in various committees and workgroups as required by leadership
- Supervision, teaching and evaluation of performance of CRNAs, SRNAs, medical students and other paramedical personnel in anesthesia
- Assignment will include rotational on-call coverage.Basic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. Preferred Experience:
- Completed a formal residency in anesthesiology preferred.
- Experience in transesophageal echocardiography required.
- Experience in anesthesia management required.
- Experience in Regional anesthesia techniques required. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: This position requires a pre-employment physical. Requires lifting 15-44 pounds; pushing (approx. 2 hours); reaching above shoulder; walking and standing from 3-5 hours and kneeling. Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously. Near vision correctable at 13" to 16" to Jaeger 1 to 4. Far visions correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other. Must have depth perception and ability to distinguish basic colors and shades of colors. Hearing aid is permitted.None To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type):
- Resume VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: REQUIRED The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
- Other Veterans Document
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Asheville , Physician, Chief (Anesthesia), Healthcare , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!