Occupational Therapist - PRN
Company: Tennova Healthcare Home Health
Posted on: October 15, 2019
The Occupational Therapist in Home Health is responsible for the
assessment and evaluation of patient care needs related to
functional status, activities of daily living, fine motor
coordination, home assessments and adaptive equipment, and other
occupational therapy needs as defined by medical conditions. Based
on this assessment and evaluation, the Occupational Therapist helps
to determine a treatment plan, performs interventions aimed at
improving and enhancing the patient's well being, and evaluates the
This is a PRN OT position.
Tennova Home Health , a part of LHC Group, is the preferred
post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families
nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute
care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about
- Provides service within the scope of practice as defined by the
state laws governing the practice of Occupational Therapy, in
accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other
members of the health care team.
- Follows the plan of care by leading the patient in the use of
therapeutic, creative, and self-care activities to improve
functioning and safety.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising nurse and the
physician the patient's response to treatment and changes to the
- Instructs patient, family, caregiver, and participating members
of the health care team in the areas of therapy in which they can
participate to assist the patient.
- Visits patients according to Plan of Treatment, completes a
progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per LHC
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the OT plan of
care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of
evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to
supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as
- Provides supervision of the OTA as per LHC policy.
- Prepares a written discharge summary and/or a written summary
report on the patient's condition at least every 60 days.
- Conducts patient assessments evaluating the level of function
by applying diagnostic and prognostic functional ability
- Provides in-service education as requested by agency
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current Occupational Therapy licensure in state of
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle, or public transportation.
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: Tennova Healthcare Home Health, Asheville , Occupational Therapist - PRN, Healthcare , Knoxville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!