Company: Cliffs Club Services, LLC
Location: Six Mile
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionEXECUTIVE CHEFJOB TITLE: Executive ChefWORK AREA:
ClubhouseDEPARTMENT: Food & BeverageREPORTS TO: General ManagerJOB
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt, SalariedUPDATED: January 2021 JOB SUMMARY:
Your goal is to strive to offer Members, Guests of Members,
Discovery Guests and Associates opportunities to develop and
sustain their personal balance of Total Wellness to achieve a
fulfilling and abundant life for themselves and their families. You
will support the "Cliffs Commitment" goals of focusing on
"Relational Service", "Details" and "Continuous Improvement". You
will display a commitment to Continuous Improvement of the Cliffs
Experience to deliver Diverse Food and Beverage Experiences, Value,
Enhanced Wellness Choices, World-class Golf, and Aligned and
Engaged Members to support membership growth for financial
sustainability. JOB DUTIES:
- Ensure an inspired, aligned and transparent long term
partnership of Members, Associates and Vendors dedicated to
encouraging sustainable Total Wellness in all of its attributes
including physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, social,
ecological and financial wellness.
- Provide Relational Service to all Members, Guests of Members
and Discovery Guests.
- Focus on Details to provide high quality products and service
- Strive for Continuous Improvement in knowledge, quality,
consistency, service, products, work environment, financial
metrics, safety, wellness and member satisfaction.
- Directs the operation of all kitchen areas and staff. Works
with General Manager, Food & Beverage Manager, and associates to
execute the F&B strategy and focus on meeting or exceeding
- Oversees, plans menus, and manages food production at all
outlets at the club.
- Continuously strives to improve the quality of food products
provided by the kitchen and understands the members'
- Schedules and coordinates the work of Sous Chefs, Line Cooks,
Pastry Chef, and Kitchen Assistants/Dishwashers to assure that food
preparation is economical and technically correct and within
budgeted labor goals.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation
and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and
to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items
served and assists in establishing menu selling prices
- Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require
- Evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are
- Participates in the development of the annual budget as it
relates to functional areas of responsibility; provides management
with continuous planning, forecasting and monitoring financial
detail to verify adherence to plan.
- Responsible for all inventory cost controls as set forth by
Cliffs inventory standards.
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and
safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all
- Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance
schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment
- Plans and manages the employee meal program.
- Attends Food & Beverage staff and management meetings.
- Consults with catering department about food production aspects
of any special events that are planned.
- Interacts with F&B Manager to assure that food production
consistently exceeds the expectations of members and their
- Attends service lineups and ensures that other representatives
from kitchen staff attend those lineups
- Periodically visits dining area to greet members.
- Hires, trains/develops, supervises, and evaluates the
performance of all kitchen personnel.
- Motivates and develops staff including training and development
opportunities, cross training, and promotion of personnel.
- Takes initiative to provide relational service to members and
guests as well as instilling this in the kitchen staff.
- Maintain professional standards and codes of conduct as set
forth by Cliffs Associate Handbook.
- Undertakes any special projects as assigned by the General
Manager and/or Sr. Executive Chef.BACKGROUND/EXPERIENCE:
- A.O.S. in Culinary Arts or related field preferred with a
minimum of 5 years' Executive Chef experience (preferably in fine
dining or upscale business establishments).
- Able to lead, train, motivate, and evaluate kitchen team for
- Able to develop, cost, and implement menus that are creative,
innovative, and healthy while exceeding the expectations of quality
and value for members and guests.
- Thorough knowledge of food cost and labor cost controls.
- Has mathematical skills to compute costs.
- Proficient with computer applications related to food
management/cost accounting programs.
- Knowledge of all proper food preparation, storage and
sanitation requirements, and Health Department Requirements.
- Knowledge of appropriate food and beverage service etiquette,
policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills. PHYSICAL
- Ability to continuously stand for extended periods.
- Ability to bend, twist, stoop, push, pull, climb stairs, reach
overhead, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work under strenuous and heated conditions.
- Ability to handle sharp utensils and operate food production
___________________________Employee Signature Date
____________________________________Employee Printed Name
Keywords: Cliffs Club Services, LLC, Asheville , Executive Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Six Mile, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!