Company: Morning Star of Jackson-Sylva
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Morning Star of Jackson-Sylva - Starting Pay Rate:
Shift: 8-hour shift- Daytime
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Short-Term
Must be eligible for hire with labor board and complete orientation
per facility policy. - Experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the Housekeeping duties, the
employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger,
handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently
required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must
regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or
move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
1. - - - Housekeeping must perform general cleaning of entire
facility with the exception of the kitchen and dining room.
Including, but not limited to: floors, handrails, bathrooms,
laundry facilities, porches, offices, and resident rooms.
2. - - - Maintain an uncluttered, clean, and orderly manner to the
facility at all times.
3. - - - Housekeeping must notify management of furnishings in need
4. - - - Attempt to eliminate all unpleasant odors.
5. - - - Manage all paper supplies such as toilet paper and paper
towels to ensure they remain stocked and available for use.
6. - - - Empty and clean all trash cans located throughout the
7. - - - Housekeeping must take inventory of all cleaning supplies
including chemicals, paper products, and cleaning equipment. Notify
supervisor when supply orders are necessary.
8. - - - Ensure to maintain respect and dignity for all residents,
which includes knocking before entering a resident's room.
9. - - - Work cooperatively with all other staff members and be
courteous to family members and residents.
10. Maintain confidentiality of resident's and their protected
11. Housekeeping must know the facility emergency plans, and
understand your role in the event of an emergent situation.
12. Ensure that all rights given to residents under the Resident's
Bill of Rights are being respected and that residents have the
ability to exercise these rights.
13. Use equipment and supplies for their intended purpose and make
attempts to minimize waste.
14. Housekeeping must keep all cleaning supplies and storage areas
locked when not in use. Maintain supervision of the cleaning cart
while out on hall.
15. Participate in continuing education as is required by the
16. Perform other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor and
or facility Administration.
Keywords: Morning Star of Jackson-Sylva, Asheville , Housekeeping, Hospitality & Tourism , Sylva, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!