Sr. Assembler/Brazer - Heat Exchange 1st Shift
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Position Summary: Performs routine procedures following written work instructions to complete manufacturing processes. Measures and verifies that component materials are available per specification. Operates production equipment. Maintains documentation on manufacturing processes to comply with organization and regulatory standards. Cleans, assembles and brazes products to print, work order and product specifications also checks connections for leaks using dry nitrogen pressure. Visually inspects the unit before passing to the next cell. Works safely and ensures best quality products within current takt times. Fully engages with team and other associates to troubleshoot problems and drive continuous improvement in the plant.Responsibilities:
- Reviews and interprets assembly drawings, work orders, and production schedules for product specifications. Cleans, assembles and brazes systems using a variety of procedures and equipment. Assembles component according to work station instructions and drawings as required. Installs and brazes Hanson fittings and releases nitrogen from system and connects to vacuum pump for evacuation. Checks brazed assemblies using vacuum pumps, helium and leak check machine. Mounts compressor, condenser, and other components in specified locations on frames, using hand and power tools Applies solder along adjoining edges of work pieces to solder joints, using soldering irons, gas torches, or electric-ultrasonic equipment. Selects torch tips, flux, and brazing alloys from work station instructions and/or Sequence of Events (SOE) or work orders.
- Applies knowledge of metallurgy to determine best method to accomplish quality braze (brass, copper, steel) and performs all job duties within ISO standards using required safety procedures and equipment in accordance with control procedures replacing components as instructed; reworks units rejected by quality control.
- Completes appropriate internal control documents including Final Inspection Sheets, Total Quality Control sheets. Enters product related information into computer system to track bar codes, locations or production rates.
- Reorders raw materials and finished parts using the Kanban inventory system and maintains Supermarket racks and inventory accuracy using the correct part numbers and bin locations. Reports any shortages to cell leader or supervision.
- Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all operations on line as requested by supervisor. Cross training and flexibility required.
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices within guidelines of ISO standards, quality, and safety. Maintains clean and organized work area that supports co-workers as well as safety and efficiency.
- Engages, initiates, and suggest initiatives that support team goals and continuous improvement in process.
- Communicates effectively within cell or with other departments to relay key information. Open to and asks for suggestions of others regarding production issues and goals.
- Performs all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and Values, serves as a role model in the workplace. Trains and mentors new employees or transitioning workers in the area.
- Utilizes computer systems to check e-mail, complete on line training and complete Performance Management and Development (PMD) annual review process.
- Hazards: Exposed to potential hazards including pinch points, fall hazards, chemical exposure and general safety issues associated with manufacturing. Works in hot, cold, dusty, elevated and noisy area. Moves units or positions pieces manually or using work aids such as casters, cranes or forklifts. Minimum Qualifications:
- Requires high school diploma or GED.
- Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common to the job. Frequently lifts up to 35 pounds.
- Beginner Computer skills or willingness to learn.
- Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels, and work instructions and interpret and follow wiring diagrams and blueprints as shown. Preferred Qualifications:
- 1+ year Manufacturing Experience is preferred.
- 1+year Brazing/Welding Experience is preferred. Department: Manufacturing & Production - provided by Dice Assembler, Assembly, Development, Exchange, ISO, Management, Materials, Specification, Supervision, Supervisor
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Asheville , Sr. Assembler/Brazer - Heat Exchange 1st Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!