Assembler II - 2nd Shift
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: August 12, 2019
When you re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you ll do
important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer,
protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your
work will have real-world impact, and you ll be supported in
achieving your career goals.What will you do?
- Assembles parts and sub-assemblies together according to design
specifications and company quality standards.
- Selects components, aligns, and assembles them in proper
sequence by drilling holes, adding rivets, screws, bolts, braces,
tape, cement or solder to meet specifications.
- Selects appropriate sub-assemblies or component parts and
installs in the unit in specified sequence according to SOE.
- Applies wiring harnesses, sensors, and other electrical
components in cabinet as per Sequence of Events (SOE). Recognizes
color codes to insure that wiring and other color coded procedures
meet guidelines. Reads electrical wiring diagrams to accomplish
- Uses a wide range of hand tools, drill, rivet gun, saw, hy-pot
tester, and drill press.
- Inspects parts during sub-assembly and at key points to ensure
that unit meets specified quality standards prior to moving unit to
the next workstation. Verifies that custom equipment changes have
been made according to order and Smart Part Number.
- Cleans and packs final product using approved chemicals, Refers
to MSDS to insure safe handling and proper PPE is used around
- Moves units or positions pieces manually or using work aids
such as casters, cranes or forklifts.
- Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all
operations on line as requested by supervisor. Cross training and
- Reorders raw materials and finished parts using the Kanban
inventory system. Maintains Supermarket racks and inventory
accuracy using the correct part numbers and bin locations.How will
you get here?
- Requires high school diploma or GED.Experience/Knowledge,
- Manufacturing and experience using small hand and power tools
- Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common
to the job. Frequently lifts up to 35 pounds.
- Beginner Computer skills or willingness to learn.At Thermo
Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a
unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular
mission enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner
and safer.If you are an individual with a disability who requires
reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application
process, for further assistance. Thermo Fisher Scientific is an
EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or
any other legally protected status. Associated topics: assemble,
assembler, assembly, installation, reassemble, re assemble
Associated topics: assemble, assembler, assembly, installation,
reassemble, re assemble Associated topics: assemble, assembler,
assembly, installation, reassemble, re assemble
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Asheville , Assembler II - 2nd Shift, Hospitality & Tourism , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!