Trainer - ULT/HPLRF - 2nd Shift
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: November 23, 2021
When you're a part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific,
you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures
for cancer, protecting the environment, or making sure our food is
safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be
supported in achieving your career goals.How will you make an
impact?The primary function of this position is to develop,
implement, monitor, and evaluate the ongoing training program of
the manufacturing operations facilities. Using existing knowledge
of our manufacturing processes, the incumbent determines
department's training requirements and establishes a corresponding
training program to ensure that all newly hired employees receive
effective, consistent training when onboarding.What will you
- Plan, organize, develop and implement a comprehensive training
program to provide new employees with current techniques and
information relative to their assignments.
- Establish, implement, and evaluate overall training program for
- Fulfill and maintain training schedule for every newly hired
manufacturing employee - Determines departmental training
requirements and establishes corresponding training schedules per
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive scheduling document to
track and schedule employees for new hire training.
- Preserve the integrity of training data to ensure compliance -
Monitor team compliance with the use of the training aids and
testing and update as needed.
- Evaluate and measure the effectiveness of the training programs
and make recommendations for program improvement to maximize the
value of the programs and establish standards for the most
efficient use of resources needed for training-
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease
employee turnover, streamline work processes, and work
cooperatively and jointly to provide quality training
- Participate in PPI projects.
- Promote data-driven decision making in areas of
responsibility.Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no direct
reports to this position, but this individual must be able to
interact with individuals at all levels.How will you get here?
- 2+ years experience in manufacturing required.
- 1+ year experience training, coaching, and mentoring employees
in the processes of manufacturing and/or warehousing required.
- HS Diploma/GED required; Associates or Bachelors Degree
- An understanding of the principles and methods of training,
training program development, and training program evaluation
methods is required.
- Proficient understanding of and experience in the
implementation/participation and use of PPI (Practical Process
Improvement), ISO compliance as it relates to required trainings
and record maintenance, JSR and other safety requirements, TQC's
and other quality standards, and hands-on SOE (Sequence of Events)
implementation and other productivity standards.
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Office applications, including
Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and
in writing, on both technical and nontechnical matters required -
produce written documents with clearly organized thoughts, using
proper English sentence structure, punctuation, and grammar.
- Ability to instruct others in the manufacturing setting, as
well as in a classroom setting.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working
relationships by working cooperatively with others.At Thermo Fisher
Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique
story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular
mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier,
cleaner, and safer.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Asheville , Trainer - ULT/HPLRF - 2nd Shift, Human Resources , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!