Company: Bristol Industries, LLC
Posted on: February 12, 2020
Bristol General Contractors, LLC is seeking a Superintendent in
Jacksonville NAS, FL. The Superintendent coordinates all day-to-day
site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as
required to successfully complete the project on schedule and
within budget. This includes maintaining the highest quality,
supervising all trade and field personnel, while administering good
construction safety practices with all on-site activities.
* Coordinates and supervises all construction activities.
* Directs all field personnel to achieve completion of the project
on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms
to original plans and specifications.
* Builds & maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves
* Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary
* Reads & understands the project plans, & specifications.
* Acts as technical professional for the estimating team.
* Leads the project team in planning and execution of project work
plans and other project submittals and revises as appropriate to
meet changing needs and requirements.
* Maintains positive relationships with customers, subcontractors,
suppliers, and other employees.
* Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices and
rectifies job site hazards immediately.
* Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the
company safety policy.
* Maintains an organized and clean job site, including the
* Coordinates with designated Quality Control and Health and Safety
representatives to ensure Bristol and project standards are
* Minimized company exposure and project performance risks.
* Supervises subcontractor and vendor procurement, material buyout
and logistics coordination, preparation of subcontract scoping
documents and consent packages, and subcontractor selection
following applicable FAR and project requirements as needed.
* Prepares field reports, quantity tracking, applications for
payment, and other project reporting documents as needed.
* Performs constructability reviews on project designs; works with
design teams when applicable to find value engineering
* Collaborates with others to generate project schedules as
High School Diploma or equivalent. Associate's or Bachelor's Degree
may be required, dependent on project requirements.
Five years of recent experience as a Project Superintendent,
Construction Manager, Project Engineer/Scientist, or Quality
Control for construction and/or Remediation projects. OSHA 30
* Strong organizational skills.
* Strong written and oral communication skills and effective
* Ability to analyze problems and make sound decisions in a timely
manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
* Well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work
well with diverse personalities.
* Direct experience with and established relationships with Federal
* Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks, to prioritize and
organize, work well under stress in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to be flexible and adapt to constant change.
* Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet deadlines.
* Strong Excel and Word skills, familiarity with commercial
scheduling software such as MSProject or Primavera P6.
* Ability to perform tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
* Experience supervising all aspects of construction projects for
various types of clients and project delivery methods.
* Thorough knowledge of the estimating process.
* Experience with projects in ranging from $1MM to $30MM
* Knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
* Extensive travel may be required.
Preferred Knowledge or Skills
* 40 hour HAZWOPER is a plus.
Medium physical workload.
Employee must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force
occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and up to
10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or
otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as
viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading. Also required to
have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy
Specific physical requirements include, but are not limited to,
climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, walking,
lifting, grasping, talking, hearing and performing repetitive
The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental
conditions, noise sufficient to cause the worker to shout. The
worker is subject to a variety of physical conditions proximity to
moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electric current, working
on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure
The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions fumes, odors,
dusts, mist, gases or poor ventilation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent salary and benefit package to include: paid time off,
paid holidays, comprehensive health insurance plan including
medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, long term disability
insurance; 401(k) plan with employer match.
Bristol companies are equal opportunity employers and offer any
available positions to all, without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status,
parenthood, pregnancy, marital status or changes in marital status,
in accordance with applicable state and federal laws. This applies
to recruitment, placement, pay, benefits, training, employment
status changes, social and recreational programs, and other
conditions and benefits of employment. As an Alaska-Native owned
company, Bristol companies seek out and hire qualified Alaska
Natives and other minorities.
PandoLogic.Category: Construction & Trades, Keywords: Construction
Keywords: Bristol Industries, LLC, Asheville , Superintendent*, Other , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!