Deposit Operations Associate II
Company: HomeTrust Bank
Posted on: May 15, 2020
Description:Location: 330 Ridgefield Ct, Asheville, NC 28806
The Deposit Operations Department is responsible for providing
quality customer service to the bank's customers and all the retail
offices, as well as carry out the daily operational
responsibilities of servicing deposit accounts. This position will
perform a variety of duties related to Deposit Operations, provide
a wide range of support to Deposit Operations Management to include
reviewing, processing and updating daily work. Provide guidance to
branches and internal departments with routine to moderately
complex inquiries. Initiative and accuracy required as well as an
understanding of regulatory requirements and risk operations to
minimize/eliminate potential loss. Able to perform duties
independently with minimal managerial oversight.
Specific Job Functions
- Exception item processing, NSF, unresolved items including but
not limited to balancing and interaction with branch
staff.Processes and reviews daily ACH activity
- Review documentation and account paperwork for completeness and
- Process daily return deposited items
- May act as the department liaison with other business units to
assist in facilitation of special projects and/or in the resolution
of business related system issues
- Performs document administration and management tasks to file,
safe keep, image, and audit documents as needed.Prepares
appropriate customer correspondence and notices.
- Take ownership of problem resolution on deposit products and
debit cards including identifying the issue, resolving and
following up with customer to ensure satisfaction.
- Assists with reviewing, processing, and performing daily
- Researches records and provides documentation in response to
subpoenas/court orders/legal requests.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of bank products,
services, department procedures and policies, regulations, to
ensure accurate handling of customer's inquiries.
- Comply with all federal, state, and local regulatory rules and
regulations governing financial institutions as well as all company
policies and procedures.
- Complete and pass all required regulatory compliance training
- Assist manager(s) with research and projects related to Deposit
Operations products, debit card, processes and procedures.
- Cross train to perform other functions and duties assigned in
Deposit Operations as needed
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Familiarity with federal and state banking regulations,
including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act
and Electronic Funds Transfer Act.
- Thorough knowledge of bank products and services
- Knowledgeable in HTB account opening and maintenance
- Stay abreast of changes in policies and procedures related to
- Strong functional/technical skills
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication
- Ability to resolve internal customer concerns/issues in a
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Successful completion of in-house training program (if
available) or approved outside training program
- Must be able to follow detailed set procedures to ensure
highest standards for audit and risk purposes.
Physical and Mental Qualifications
- Ability to understand and use Bank policies and procedures to
support positive customer interactions.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner in
one-on-one and in small group meetings or presentations.
- Ability to listen to and/or convey detailed or important
instructions or ideas accurately and quickly.
- Ability to think and act independently within guidelines and
limitations of Bank policy and assigned personal authority.
- Presents a professional, business-like manner and
- Good self - management skills
- Ability to carry out detailed instructions and to instruct and
educate retail banking employees in a positive manner
- Excellent analytical, organizational and self-review skills
- Self-motivated, detail oriented
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, degree
- 3 years' experience in a financial institution preferably in a
problem solving customer service based role or card services
- Basic knowledge of accounting, balancing principals, and bank
- Demonstrated technology skills,including intermediate
proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to be flexible with the changing needs of schedules and
work hours dependent on volumes and needs of the business unit
- Must be able to embrace and quickly adapt to change as a result
of internal, market or regulatory policy changes
- Ability to research, resolve problems and meet deadlines
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role
routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones,
photocopiers, and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to
stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with
hands and arms.
HomeTrust Bank promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace
which includes reasonable accommodation of qualified applicants and
Keywords: HomeTrust Bank, Asheville , Deposit Operations Associate II, Other , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!