Material Handler II - HPLRF - 1st Shift
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
Supports production by managing parts and inventory for the
What will you do?
- Orders raw materials and finished parts using the Kanban
inventory system, EKanban or other ordering process.
- Accurately counts parts to confirm receipts match transfer
- Organizes parts, labels shelves, puts parts away in the proper
- Maintains Supermarket racks and inventory accuracy using the
correct part numbers and bin locations.
- Confirms components delivered to the line meet quality
- Works with other personnel and departments to resolve inventory
issues including shortages, discrepancies or quality issues.
- Uses a wide range of hand tools, drill, rivet gun, saw, hy-pot
tester, and drill press.
- Inspects parts to ensure they meet specified quality
- Moves units or positions pieces manually or using work aids
such as casters, cranes or forklifts.
- Supports a safe work environment with a high level of safety
- Follows all policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties, provides support and coverage on all
operations on line as requested by supervisor. Cross training and
How will you get there?
- Education - Requires high school diploma or GED
- Skills - Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels
and work instructions. Ability to manage electronic ordering
- Experience - Three to six months manufacturing work experience
is preferred. Knowledge of Baan and common parts.
- Physical requirements - Standing, bending, reaching and
handling bulky parts is common to the job. Frequently lifts up to
35 pounds. Climbs ladders.
- Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common
to the job.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow wiring diagrams and
blueprints as shown in SOE. Ability to read and differentiate part
numbers, labels and work instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to trouble shoot.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Asheville , Material Handler II - HPLRF - 1st Shift, Other , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!