Gate Security Officer - Flex
Company: The Biltmore Company
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Flex: a position working between 20-29 hours per week (between
1000 - 1559 hours/year).
Estate Security Officers are responsible for ensuring the safety
and security of employees, guests, and vendors on the estate. This
position provides front line guest services and security at estate
access points as well as up and around Biltmore House and adjacent
areas. Staff are also responsible for handling guest relations
issues as needed. Security Officers will provide general assistance
and support for leadership, the department, and the company as
Schedule requires flexibility and may include days, evenings,
nights, holidays, and/or weekends.
Essential Job Duties
Be thoroughly familiar with the Biltmore Estate and grounds,
including adjacent areas, and access/key control procedures;
familiar with emergency protocols;
Be able to operate a ticket scanning device and enforce entrance
policies in a courteous, hospitable and restrained manner.
Accurately document events which impact upon the security and
safety. Will be responsible for writing and completing reports
according to protocols with accuracy.
The officer must be able to respond appropriately to other
threats such as severe weather changes, fire hazards, etc., and the
procedures to be used during emergencies.
Act as a first point of contact for guests in a warm hospitable
Work in and around heavy traffic and large crowds on a daily
- Operate a Security screening device such as walk through portal
or hand-held screening device.
- High school diploma. Related training or certifications
- At least one (1) year of similar experience in guest services
support, safety, security, or a related field. The ideal candidate
will have had prior experience working with safety/security in an
attractions, hospitality, and/or upscale hotel/resort environment
with a focus on guest service.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Proven commitment to delivering world class guest service.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to
write and complete reports in standard English. Knowledge of a
second language helpful.
- Ability to exercise good judgment is essential.
- Must be proactive and take initiative where appropriate.
- Ability to troubleshoot and handle a variety of guest and
employee situations in a professional manner consistent with
- Capable of working effectively both independently and as part
of a dynamic guest service team.
- Must be able to quickly acquire knowledge of estate, systems,
- Must have or be able to obtain AED, CPR and First Aid
- Must be at least 19 years of age and have a valid driver's
Physical Requirements:This position will require a physical exam
at the Biltmore Clinic prior to starting work. An offer of
employment is conditional upon the successful completion of this
The incumbent will work inside and outside in all types of
weather with fluctuations in temperature and conditions.
The incumbent will be required to stand/walk for extended
periods of time.
The incumbent will be required to physically assist guests and
employees as needed.
The incumbent must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally;
must be capable of lifting/pulling/pushing up to 100 pounds with
assistance if needed.
The incumbent must possess what is medically considered normal
sensory acuity with all senses and be able to handle and respond to
multiple stimuli simultaneously.
Must be at least 19 years of age and have a valid driver's
- Must be able to look at computer screens for an extended period
Keywords: The Biltmore Company, Asheville , Gate Security Officer - Flex, Other , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!