This position is part of our
Manufacturing Virtual Interview Day
Friday, June 18th
1:00pm to 5:00pm EST
Use the Apply Now button below to register, and a Recruitment
Specialist will reach out to you!
Do you know a Rockstar who is looking for a challenging and
Please use the "Email this job" function below. We love
What are the hours?
1st Shift: 6:00am start time Monday - Friday (possible OT on
2nd Shift: 2:00pm or 4:30pm start time Monday - Friday (possible
OT on Saturdays)
3rd Shift: 10:00pm start time Sunday - Thursday (possible OT on
What do we offer full-time employees?
1st Shift: $18.50 per hour
2nd & 3rd Shift: $20.35 per hour (including 10% shift
- Medical, Dental, & Vision benefits are effective on Day 1 of
- Earn up to 15 PTO (paid vacation) days in your 1st year
- Paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement & Employee Stock Purchase Programs
- Room for growth
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
What will you do?
- Responsible for conducting daily standard work audits and
participate in team development and leadership training.
- Listens, supports, engages and encourages employee suggestions
and input to achieve excellent results. Respond to employee
escalations. Conducts training and cross training for team members.
Builds rapport in an open, friendly and accepting way.
- Drives the implementation of PPI-Lean Enterprise and utilizes
PPI Problem Solving methodology to improve all processes by
- Maintains a safe work environment and a high level of safety
awareness among Cell associates.
- Manages inventory levels and accuracy within the Cell and
collects and maintains data and completes required reports
including Tier 1, pre-shift safety inspection, red-tags, PVA
tracking, documenting repairs and posting shift summary.
- Responsible for the timely implementation of assigned
countermeasures for all key business metrics. Assists in set-ups
and changeovers as needed. Catch up flow when behind.
- Works closely with and builds rapport with personnel across a
variety of departments and functions within the facility.
- Facilitates daily cell metric reviews, responsible for
continuous improvement activities including; auditing standard
work, 5-S, and quality conformance including fix and walk the back
of line in event of escaped defects.
- Provides guidance for the Cell to make certain that products
are manufactured with the highest level of quality in a safe and
timely manner that will meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Follows all policies and procedures, and acts as a role model
in supporting Company values, policies, and procedures. Supports
Manager and Supervisor in execution of assigned tasks and
- Coordinate between shifts for smooth transition and startup of
- Recognize problems: review absenteeism, determine part
shortages, look at quality and flow, confirm functional equipment
and backups. (Fill in when someone is absent).
- Build sequence communication
How will you get there?
- Requires high school diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of Outlook and Excel
- 1-2 yrs experience in a manufacturing environment
- A role model leader who takes accountability and will hold
- Proven record of displayed intensity and drive for results
through problem solving
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common
to the job.
- Ability to frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to read, interpret and follow wiring diagrams and
blueprints as shown in SOE. Ability to read and differentiate part
numbers, labels and work instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to trouble shoot.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected