Branch Manager II
Company: First Bancorp
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The position of Branch Manager II is responsible for supporting
the Regional Manager; ensures branch operational activities run
smoothly and efficiently; provides leadership, training and
supervision within the branch; and promotes business for the Bank
by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to
appropriate personnel for new services. The position of Branch
Manager assists in attaining established Bank and branch goals
through active participation in sales management and officer call
programs. Performs direct supervisory duties of branch staff,
coordinates staff for coverage in all related areas of branch
operations, including courier services. Assumes responsibility and
is accountable for adherence to Bank policies and procedures.
Incumbents in this position have 5-10 years of branch
- Provides supervision and support to all assigned areas of
branch operations where service or assistance is needed; oversees
activities of tellers, new accounts and other operations personnel;
opens and closes the branch.
- Reinforces the application of superior customer service through
his/her own example along with appropriate follow through with
involved customers and employees; conducts specific periodic
meetings and presentations on this topic with all staff
- Responds to inquiries or refers inquiries to the appropriate
department or person; exhibits the necessary follow through with
customers and/or staff involved.
- Assures audit compliance and procedure quality control through
the branch operational review and recommends and initiates
corrective actions; conducts unannounced audits of all branch cash
funds and cash limits; ensures the branch is in compliance with
established Bank policies, procedures and state and federal
- Actively involved in instilling and maintaining a positive
sales environment through education of the Bank's products and
services; monitors staff in cross-selling and product presentation
compared to goals; ensures the organization of the branch,
coordinating available resources (e.g., staff, materials, etc.) for
- Contributes to the overall profitability of the branch through
costs controls, income generation, loan growth, deposit growth and
branch marketing efforts.
- Consistently applies sound decision making techniques
pertaining to inquiries, approvals, requests as they apply to
existing policies and procedures; keeps within assigned approval
limits and uses these instances as learning tools for employee
- Responsible for all branch lending functions; including
origination, processing & booking, loan documentation issues,
payoffs, and collections.
- Responsible for all loan reports including; asset
classification, nonaccrual, appraiser status report, unsecured
status, board reports, and credit risk review.
- In house appraiser of re collateral.
- Assists other branch offices in resolving operational inquiries
and providing staff support; participates in various internal
committees assigned by senior management.
- Ensures accurate completion of related operational reports
initiated by the Bank's data processor along with internal
- Plays an important role in the development and growth of the
Branch staff through excellent communication skills, both verbal
and written, along with strong delegation skills assuring a highly
- Performs personnel actions including performance appraisals,
disciplinary actions, and interviewing candidates for employment;
supervises the daily activities of branch staff including, but not
limited to, effective delegation of assignments, developing work
schedules and providing necessary training.
- Ensures implementation and compliance to meet security
precautions and protect customer deposits, bank assets and
- May perform all related teller, vault teller, new account,
utility specialist, and safe deposit duties as needed.
- Construction loan inspections.
- Processes, solves and answers complex customer transactions,
problems or inquiries.
- Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process
account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within
- Answers telephones, answers questions and directs callers to
proper Bank personnel.
- Maintains advanced knowledge and awareness of financial
industry status and trends.
- Completes annual compliance courses.
- Adheres specifically to all corporate policies and procedures.
Also adheres to Federal and State regulations and laws; including,
the Bank Secrecy Act and the Anti-Money Laundering Act.
- Adheres to all levels of our Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge & Experience: These specifications are general
guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered
essential to the satisfactory performance of this position.
Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or related field or
equivalent work experience (5-10 years of management
- Educational experience, through in-house training sessions,
formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be
business or financial industry related.
- Intermediate knowledge of Bank operations, products and
services; related state and federal laws and regulations, and other
Bank operational policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills - ability
to work with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer
operation; mainframe computer system; word processing, spreadsheet
and specialty software programs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication
skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out
instructions and instruct personnel.
Keywords: First Bancorp, Asheville , Branch Manager II, Other , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!