Administrative Support Associate II
Company: Buncombe County
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Buncombe County is a caring community in harmony with its
environment where citizens succeed, thrive, and realize their
potential. Our mission is to promote a healthy, safe,
well-educated, and thriving community with a sustainable quality of
life; to provide effective and efficient government our citizens
can trust; and to deliver needed service through a responsive work
force committed to excellence, integrity, and teamwork.
Job Title: Administrative Support Associate II
Purpose of the position: Provide administrative support in a
variety of functions to an individual team, department or other
Essential Functions of the position:
Performs general administrative support including, but not
- Provides internal and external customer service; answers
phones, providing information, and taking messages. oReceiving,
sorting, opening and distributing mail.
- Maintains appointment calendar(s) and schedules
- Uses computer and Microsoft Office suite of software along with
internal County programs to process information , letters, forms,
reports, schedules, emails, manuals , booklets, requisitions ,
purchase orders , and related paperwork; completes forms and
- Establishes and maintains specialized paper and electronic
office files; files letters reports and related technical or
confidential information in a prescribed manner.
- May accept payments for fees, fines, goods, or services as
required by the department and use established regulations for
accounting for same.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Training and/or Experience (required at time
of hire): High School or equivalent; and a minimum of three (3)
years' office experience including customer service experience; or
an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certification as Notary Public preferred.
- This position will work in the office.
- Part-time: 19 hours a week, Monday-Friday within the hours of
8am - 5pm.
Cover letter: Please include in your cover letter:
- Why you are interested in this position and working for
- How your prior experience aligns with the duties and
qualifications of this position, and
- How your experience and qualification will make a positive
impact if hired. Please note if you are a certified Notary
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Working knowledge of the agency and/or program policies,
procedures, services and mission.
- Ability to demonstrate and apply this knowledge in performance
of office support tasks.
- Ability to explain and interpret program information to
clients/customers and staff.
- Working knowledge of data collection and storage to compile,
assimilate, and organize printed and electronic information.
- Ability to use correct spelling, punctuation and specialized
- Ability to convey information and ideas through a variety of
media to individuals or groups; ability to adjust language or
terminology to meet needs of the recipient(s).
- Ability to present ideas in written form; ability to adjust
language or terminology to meet needs of the recipient(s); ability
to use correct grammar, organization, and structure.
- Ability to utilize office equipment and other technology
(software and systems) to meet work needs.
- Ability to facilitate the flow of work and coordinate office
support activities with other staff; ability to maintain internal
and external contacts for work coordination.
- Ability to understand issues, identify problems and
opportunities to determine the appropriate course of action.
Location: Asheville, NC
Job Posting End Date: June 17, 2021
Salary Range: - $15.00
Buncombe County Government realizes the importance of a diverse
professional workforce and the need to foster a responsive and
innovative organizational culture, one that fully engages all of
our employees, honoring and building on each employee's unique
experiences, opinions, and perspective.
It is the policy of Buncombe County to provide equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, physical or
mental disability, age, veteran status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected class
under federal or NC State law. In addition the Agency expressly
prohibits any form of workplace harassment or discrimination.
Applicants for employment are invited to participate in the
affirmative action program by reporting their status as a protected
veteran or other minority. In extending this invitation, we advise
you that: (a) workers (applicants) are under no obligation to
respond but may do so in the future if they choose; (b) responses
will remain confidential within the human resource department; and
(c) responses will be used only for the necessary information to
include in our affirmative action program. We are a company that
values diversity. We actively encourage women, minorities, veterans
and disabled employees to apply. Refusal to provide this
information will have no bearing on your application and will not
subject you to any adverse treatment.
Keywords: Buncombe County, Asheville , Administrative Support Associate II, Other , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!