Assembler II - ULT - 2nd Shift - $18.70 per hr - Asheville NC
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment, or making sure our food is
safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be
supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Works on a production line manufacturing product. Performs a
wide variety of product assembly operations on product components,
assemblies or sub-assemblies. Follows standard operating procedures
in the production / assembly process according to design
specifications and company quality standards. Visually inspects the
unit before passing to the next cell. Works safely and ensures best
quality products within current takt times. Fully engages with team
and other associates to troubleshoot problems and drive continuous
improvement in the plant.
What will you do?
- Selects appropriate components, aligns, and assembles them in
proper sequence by drilling holes, adding rivets, screws, bolts,
braces, tape, cement or solder to meet specifications in accordance
to Sequence of Events (SOE).
- Applies wiring harnesses, sensors, and other electrical
components recognizing color codes to ensure that wiring and other
color-coded procedures meet guidelines.
- Reads electrical wiring diagrams to accomplish accurate
- Inspects parts during sub-assembly and at key points to ensure
that unit meets specified quality standards prior to moving unit to
the next workstation.
- Verifies that custom equipment changes have been made according
to order and part number.
- Uses a wide range of hand tools, drill, rivet gun, saw, hi-pot
tester, and drill press.
- Moves units or positions pieces manually or using work aids
such as casters, cranes or forklifts.
- Cleans and packs final product using approved chemicals, refers
to Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) to ensure safe handling and
proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is used around
- Reorders raw materials and finished parts and maintains
inventory accuracy using the correct part numbers and bin
- Performs other duties and provides support and coverage on all
operations on line as requested by supervisor. Cross training and
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and
equipment according to company policies and practices within
guidelines of ISO standards, quality, and safety.
- Maintains clean and organized work area that supports
co-workers, as well as safety and efficiency.
- Engages, initiates, and suggest initiatives that support team
goals and continuous improvement in process.
- Communicates effectively within cell or with other departments
to relay key information. Is open to and asks for suggestions of
others regarding production issues and goals.
- Performs all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and
Values, serves as a role model in the workplace.
- Trains and mentors new employees or transitioning workers in
- Utilizes computer systems to check e-mail, complete online
training and complete Performance Management and Development (PMD)
annual review process.
How will you get here?
- Requires high school diploma or GED.
- Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common
to the job. Frequently lifts up to 35 pounds.
- Beginner Computer skills or willingness to learn.
- Ability to read and differentiate part numbers, labels, and
- Preferred Qualifications: Manufacturing and experience using
small hand and power tools is preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Asheville , Assembler II - ULT - 2nd Shift - $18.70 per hr - Asheville NC, Other , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!