Mental Health Program Specialist / Victory Center Greeneville
Company: Frontier Health
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Mental Health Program Specialists use a variety of approaches
and interventions to promote recovery and provide successful
community integration experiences for adults with serious mental
illness. Mental Health Program Specialists assist individuals in
reaching goals of social, emotional, occupational, environmental,
financial, physical, spiritual, and/or intellectual wellness.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Bachelor degree in mental health and/or social
service related field required.
Licensure: Obtain and maintain a driver's license with "F"
Experience: Experience working in the mental health field
Knowledge/Skills: Verbal/written communication skills.
Ability to maintain composure in difficult situations.
Computer, fax, copier and any other equipment required to
perform the functions of the position.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide recovery education services to individuals served by
- Respond calmly and appropriately in crisis situations,
implementing effective therapeutic interventions and
- Assess client strengths, needs, barriers, and preferences.
- Actively engage individuals in services including follow-up
contacts to the individual after absences, crisis, or
- Provide safe transportation to program members to program
- Create SMART treatment plans with clients using assessment
tools and goals for treatment.
- Carry individual caseload under supervision of a licensed
mental health professional.
- Link individuals to community resources and peer support to
promote community integration.
- Consult and collaborate with all treatment team members
including outpatient providers, authorized supporters, and/or
- Function as program representative within the community.
Collaborate with community representatives towards community
- Maintain case records in compliance with applicable agency and
contract requirements to ensure effective service delivery,
continuity, and quality assurance. Ensure all required
documentation is completed in a timely and comprehensive
- Communicates with supervisor regarding concerns/developmental
opportunities and quality of services provided by the program.
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings
and individual program planning sessions. Attend trainings on
recovery; psychosocial rehabilitation, mental illness, etc. Keep
apprised of new research and developments in these areas through
journals, web sites and literature.
- All other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Frontier Health, Asheville , Mental Health Program Specialist / Victory Center Greeneville, Other , Greeneville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!