The Universal Banker is an all-encompassing role which requires
the associate to deliver sales solutions, service and transactions
to all customers. The Universal Banker creates a positive customer
relationship by effectively communicating a clear understanding of
the benefits of First Reliance Banks products and services.
The Universal Banker will engage in sales and service solution
activities and contributes directly to the success of the banking
center by recognizing and uncovering opportunities. The Universal
Banker III will exhibits leadership behaviors including but not
limited to coaching Associate and Universal Bankers and provide
support to the Relationship Bankers and SCC Managers.
Direct Reports: None
Reports to: Branch Manager
- Demonstrates superior sales techniques to uncover customer
needs and match to the bank's products and services; sells a full
range of consumer and business products/services such as deposit
accounts, loans, credit cards, and safe deposit boxes to meet or
exceed established sales goals to support overall sales
- Provides a variety of transactions for customers, including
typical Consumer and Commercial transactions i.e., cashes checks
and processes checking and savings account withdrawals and
balancing duties, and other teller transactions, while seeking
opportunities to develop customer relationships and identify sales
opportunities; utilizes basic sales techniques to deepen existing
- Consistently markets a full range of consumer and small
business banking services to existing and potential customers
through proactive techniques such as lobby leadership, outbound
telemarketing calls, marketing campaigns, or in banking center
- Effectively uses available resources for problem resolution,
which may involve analysis of information received from Loan
Processing, Deposit Operations, ATM, Reconcilement, Loss Management
or Financial Intelligence Unit or other internal Webster
- Maintains compliance with Federal and State regulations as well
as adhere to Webster Bank's policies and procedures at all times.
Meet/exceed banking center evaluation requirements.
- Provides flexibility of coverage during banking center hours of
operation and at other banking centers within the market as
- Prepares loan documentation for new and renewed business loans
using the Banks loan processing systems.Works with Loan Operations
and Relationship Bankers on clearing any documentation
- Prints and reviews documents and delivers to Relationship
Bankers for closing and notifies Loan Operations of closings.
- Reviews required documents, such as title binders, insurance,
HUD statements, etc., received from attorney, for accuracy and
completeness and forwards to Loan Operations.
- Assists with collection of financial information including
financial statements, personal financial statements, etc.
Work with Relationship Bankers, and Collections department to
clear up any past due loans or deposit accounts.This can included
providing information to and/or actually contacting the customer on
behalf of the Relationship Banker.
Understands the consumer credit products and services (features
and benefits) and is able to complete and underwrite loan
applications within authorized lending limits.
- Identifies customer needs related to borrowing products and
matches benefits to provide customer-focused solutions.
- Completes NSF and overdraft approvals on an accurate, timely
and prudent basis; follows designated reporting duties.
- Adheres to pricing and credit risk policies.
Understands all credit products and has the ability to assess
customer needs and offer approved First Reliance Bank products.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Associate Degree, orequivalent education and related
- Two years of client sales and service experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including a
desire to interact with clients and prospects
- Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such
as Microsoft Office software products
Living FRB Values
Commitment to Excellence
Regularly reviews the data associated with areas of
responsibility to identify trends and patterns for improvement.
Stays informed of business trends to be well informed when
providing counsel to customers.
Work with others in a candid and open manner.
Work collaboratively to identify solutions in the best interest
Treat each other with respect.
Develop an annual learning plan to improve job skills and
Share ideas openly with colleagues to find ways to improve the
way we do our work.
Provide customers with an enjoyable and positive experience.
Keep promises and commitments and adhere to established customer
Establish annual goals and take personal responsibility to
Acts with integrity.
Respect the privacy rights of customers and associates.
Tell the truth in all communications and do not mislead by
commission or omission.
Model a positive attitude for others to emulate.