Gardener I - Reserve
Company: The Biltmore Company
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Reserve: a position working about 20 hours per week (between
40-999 hours per year). The Gardener I is an entry-level staff
position with responsibilities for plant installation, care, and
maintenance in both the historic and non-historic estate areas and
structures. The Gardener I will be working as part of a crew
assigned to a specific section/area. Crews are charged with
presentation and execution of gardening plans within established
parameters. In addition, staff will assist with special projects
and events as required, and provide general assistance and support
for leadership, the department, and company.
Schedule days and shifts may vary, but are generally 7:00am -
Essential Job Duties:
Performs gardening duties including but not limited to:
installing and maintaining plants, gardens, interiors, and
landscape settings with minimal supervision.
Prepares soils and compost as needed for planting with minimal
Performs basic grounds maintenance duties including but not
limited to: general cleanup, trash removal, weeding (both manual
and chemical), mowing, hauling and chipping brush.
Complies with all safety procedures related to duties.
Reliably works as scheduled to include weekends, holidays,
emergency duty and overtime as required.
Assists guests in a positive, courteous manner.
Works in an efficient, productive manner.
Follows instructions, written or verbal.
Applies pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, or other
horticultural related products under the direction of a licensed
- Works efficiently with minimal supervision.
- High school diploma required. Additional training, education,
and/or certification(s) preferred.
- Must have some previous experience with the installation,
maintenance, and care of annuals, perennials, and shrubs; should be
comfortable with basic plant identification.
- Should be capable of working both independently with little
supervision as well as a team; the ability to be proactive and take
initiative where appropriate is essential.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment.
- Proven commitment to teamwork and delivering great internal and
- Should be comfortable interacting with guests and working in a
guest service environment.
- Ability to operate small gardening equipment and machinery
safely (tractors, mowers, etc.).
- Become WPS certified within 10 days of hire.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be at least 19 years of
- Repetitively lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Works outdoors in all types of weather with fluctuations in
temperature and conditions.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach overhead, and kneel.
- Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time and
climb hills, stairs, ladders, etc. as needed.
Keywords: The Biltmore Company, Asheville , Gardener I - Reserve, Other , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!