Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Electrician position, under limited direction, is
responsible for installing, maintaining, testing, troubleshooting
and repairing industrial electrical equipment and associated
electrical and electronic controls. Primarily accountable for
interpreting architectural drawings and electrical code
specifications and forming and testing electrical circuits to
ensure health and safety regulations while ensuring proper
functioning and illumination of electrical equipment. In addition,
work on equipment such as electrical transmission lines, motors,
generators, distribution and plant equipment. This position may
conduct preventive maintenance programs.
- Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair
electrical problems on production equipment.
- Maintain equipment for productivity.
- Evaluate equipment failures and determine cause and make
- Install power, lighting and control circuits and conduit.
- Work from blueprints, drawings, sketches or layouts.
- Test instruments for repair, measurement and calibration.
- Select appropriate materials and operate equipment to complete
work, including electrical hand tools and voltage or ampere
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and
- Start up and shut down equipment according to safety
- Maintain maintenance records for equipment.
- Assist and train other maintenance personnel as required.
- Participation in continuous improvement process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent general
- Minimum three years electrical troubleshooting experience.
- Previous knowledge in installation, repair, testing, and
troubleshooting of electrical equipment and controls.
- Basic knowledge of industrial maintenance and comprehension of
inverters and frequency drives required.
- Prior preventative maintenance experience with a thorough
understanding of the National Electrical Code, motors and
controllers, line diagrams, and blueprint reading.
- Demonstrate understanding and follow Lockout/Tagout procedures
and general electrical safety.
- Read schematics, blueprints and wiring diagrams and machine
operation instructions and quality specifications.
What GF Linamar Has To Offer
- Opportunities for career advancement.
- Community based outreach supporting both local and global
initiatives and charities.
- Social committees and sports teams.
GF Linamar is a joint venture between Switzerland-based Georg
Fischer, Ltd. and Canada-based Linamar Corporation. The company die
casts aluminum and magnesium to produce lightweight powertrain,
driveline, and structural components for the automotive industry in
the North American automotive market.
GF Linamar is an equal opportunity employer and encourages
diversity in the workplace without regard to any basis protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. GF Linamar encourages
applications from all qualified individuals and will reasonably
accommodate applicants throughout all stages of the recruitment and
selection process upon request.
Keywords: Linamar, Asheville , Electrician, Other , Fletcher, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!