Posted on: September 15, 2021
The Regional Field
Merchant is primarily responsible for improving Lowe's ability to
deliver on local market product needs. The Regional Field Merchant
will work closely with Store Operations, ProServices, Merchandising
Services, Core Merchandising and customers in the field, to
uncover, communicate and execute upon local market product
opportunities. This role is also responsible identifying local
market product opportunities and working with Core Merchandising to
add these local/regional products to our assortments. Partner with
the Merchandising Services Team to communicate and execute on the
local assortment strategies defined by Core
To accomplish this, the Regional Field Merchant must
understand the merchandising needs of the regions and markets they
serve. The Regional Field Merchant will meet with the store teams,
vendors, and the customer to get a full understanding on what the
opportunity maybe for localized
The Regional Field Merchant will focus on building
and strengthening relationships with Regional and Market teams,
Core Merchandising, and vendors to secure the best opportunities
for Lowe's and proactively meet the needs of
• Provides product expertise to the field.
• Coordinates and manages projects and initiatives to
• Identifies and drives new opportunities to improve product
performance for each category.
• Participates in the planning of product placement within the
stores as defined by Store Planning.
• Consistently understands the product offering of all competitors
in the market and the potential impact to Lowe’s.
• Regularly visits Lowe’s stores and those of the competitors to
better understand the needs of the product categories and helping
to resolve pricing conflicts.
• Researches the market place for new and innovative product
• Maintains a professional and productive relationship with vendors
to ensure all product opportunities are identified and responded to
• Communicates and interacts with vendors to ensure execution of
• Advising Core Merchandising current and prospective vendors as
needed to secure best cost options and best opportunities for
• Ensures that vendors and suppliers understand the requirement to
comply with all applicable laws and regulations in the conduct of
their business with Lowe's Companies, Inc.
• Understand the localize laws and codes to ensure Lowe’s is
• Uses a critical eye to examine and streamline work flows and
processes within the team, to increase efficiency.
• Drives innovation across the team using a deep understanding of
how the Merchandising team works within the organization.
• Keeps pace with change and maintains a competitive advantage
within the marketplace by seeking out and learning about changes in
• Works closely with Store Operations, Merchandising Services and
Merchandising teams to deliver localized programs that drive
results in an efficient and timely manner.
• Help advice and delegates the right tasks and decisions to the
people who are in the best position to execute them.
• Provides open feedback and mentorship to team members to
encourage growth and greater responsibility.
• Develops and presents communications, frequently to senior
leadership, communicating the desired message, at the appropriate
level, for the right recipient.
• Works independently with little supervision, maintains a high
level of engagement.
• Practices self-leadership and promotes learning in others by
building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders;
communicating information and providing advice to drive projects
forward; influencing team members within assigned unit; adapting to
competing demands and new responsibilities; providing feedback to
others, including upward feedback to leadership and mentoring
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field AND
5+ years’ experience in one or more of the following: purchasing,
buying, sales, merchandising, brand management or related field, OR
8+ years’ experience in one or more of the following: purchasing,
buying, sales, merchandising, brand management or related field
• Demonstrated experience leading and working with cross-functional
• Demonstrated experience working closely with senior
• 4+ years’ experience in retail product
• 2+ years’ experience working in retail industry
• Experience working with relevant product
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a
FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving
approximately 20 million customers a week in the United States and
Canada. With fiscal year 2020 sales of nearly $90 billion, Lowe’s
and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home
improvement and hardware stores and employ over 300,000 associates.
Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it
serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable
housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade
experts. For more information, visit
About Lowe’s in the
FORTUNE® 50 home
improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe,
affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of
skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every
community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and
expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the
latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com
follow @LowesMedia on
Keywords: Lowe's, Asheville , Field Merchant, Other , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!