RN BEHAVIORAL HEALTH NURSE
NAVIGATOR FULL TIME DAYS
100 HOSPITAL DRIVE
HENDERSONVILLE NC 28792
TOP REASONS TO WORK AT
Join a family of caregivers
who provide whole person care; body, mind and spirit, to people
living in communities accross Western North Carolina and nearby
offers the uncommon compassion of a hometown community hospital
powered by the support of a national healthcare system enabling it
to provide services, technologies and facilities to meet the whole
health needs of our communities.
organization that extends Christ's healing ministry to every
person, every time.
Co-workers who feel like
family and together deliver on our Service Standards of Keep Me
Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy and Own it.
As a part of the more than
1,100 team members who make up AdventHealth Hendersonville, you
will enjoy competitive salaries exceptional benefits and
opportunities for growth and leadership development.
Exempt, FT Days 40 hours per
You Will be Responsible
- Promotes knowledge of BH diagnosis and impact for
patient, support partner(s), and care providers
- Meets with patient and support partner(s) after
diagnosis to provide assistance for expectations and care
- Collaborates with ED direct care staff to provide
ongoing education for treatments and procedures, evidenced-based
practice and/or research developments.
- Provides discharge teaching and completes
post-discharge phone calls with referred facilities and out-patient
- Collaborates with existing community organizations on
- Educates and collaborates with multidisciplinary team
to plan and participate in quality initiatives and possible
- Reviews patient information for pre-existing medical
conditions and risk-factors.
- Serves as customer service advocate for patient and
- Collaborates with physicians and multidisciplinary team
to establish and oversee plan of care.
- Reviews physician and nurse documentation to ensure
quality measures are achieved.
- Serves as primary resource for providers and for their
patients requiring navigation and coordination of care in the ED
- Acts as a resource to ED providers for patient
- Ensures telepsych sessions are completed if
appropriate, while patient is in referral stage.
- Collaborates with patient to identify potential
barriers to achieving treatments and health goals.
- Reviews patient information to follow up on diagnostic
tests and obtains results of previous tests as needed-follow ups as
- Monitors patientâ€™s progress to ensure patient
receives appropriate treatment and medication while in the
- Collaborates with ED nursing team to confirm continuity
of care on all shifts.
- Contributes to community programs and education
pertaining to specific BH services.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the availability of
community resources and financial services for providing clinical
care and reducing barriers to care.
- Fosters supportive professional partnerships with ED
and BH providers.
- Participates in select community events to promote
specific BH programs at AdventHealth Hendersonville.
- Collaborates with community resources commonly used for
BH care needs.
- Data collection as needed. Utilizes critical thinking
skills in the performance of their duties. Demonstrates and
understanding of technology utilized in the
- Plans, organizes and leads the unit through application
of critical thinking skills
- Utilizes data driven decision making, incorporating
evidence into the decision process
- Employs strong problem-solving skills and utilizes
defined models for problem solving.
- Thinks of the system as a whole when analyzing data and
- Able to utilize critical thinking skills in performing
- Appropriately integrates technology into the care of
the patient and leverage technology to improve patient care
- Uses basic computer skills such as word processing,
Excel spreadsheet data management, internet/email, and skills to
access evidence-based information.
What You Will
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
Minimum of 3 years of recent
nursing experience in acute care nursing required
Current RN licensure in the
state of North Carolina requird.
Culrrent BLS certification
Professional certification in
specialty area by recognized national nursing organization within 1
year of hire required.
The Behavioral Health Nurse
Navigator is a specialized health care professional who guides
behavioral health patients in the Emergency Department through the
healthcare system during and surrounding the time of diagnosis and
treatment. The Behavioral Health Nurse Navigator will focus
on key areas of service, patient and their support partner(s),
partnership with Behavioral Health and Emergency Department
providers, partner with Emergency Department clinical staff,
quality management, clinical services, and community
This facility is an equal
opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.