Certified First Assist Full Time Days
Posted on: October 15, 2021
CERTIFIED FIRST ASSIST FULL
100 Hospital Drive Hendersonville
Top Reasons to Work at
- Immediate benefits
- Join a family of caregivers who
provide whole person care; body - mind - spirit, to people living
in communities accross Western North Carolina.
- AdventHealth Hendersonville offers
the uncommon compassion of a hometown community hospital powered by
the support of a national healthcare system enabling it to provide
services, technologies, and facilities to meet the whole health
needs of our communities.
- Faith based organization that
extends Christ's healing ministry to every person, every time.
- Co-workers who feel like family and
together deliver on our Service Standards of Keep Me Safe, Love Me,
Make it Easy, and Own It.
- As a part of the more than 1,100
team members who make up AdventHealth Hendersonville, you will
enjoy competitive salaries, exceptional benefits and opportunities
for growth and leadership development.
Full Time Days, 40 hours per
You Will Be Responsible
- Possess knowledge and understanding
of anatomy, physiology and operative techniques related to the
- Positions patient safely: pads and
protects bony prominences.
- Follows aseptic technique, when
opening sterile supplies and setting up procedures for all
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills
to use various surgical instruments and retractors.
- Demonstrates knowledge of care of
tissue and specimens. Identifies specimens to circulating nurse and
- Provides assistance to the surgeon
during procedures, using protractors to provide exposure, providing
hemostasis suturing, wound dressing. Anticipates the needs of the
surgeon during the procedure.
- Assist with operating room counts
(instruments, sharps, sponges): follows proper procedures in the
event of an incorrect count.
- Performs all aspects of patient
care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces
the likelihood of medical/healthcare errors.
- Appropriately responds to the
patient in an emergency or physically distressful situation.
- Prioritize cases and assign first
assist(s) based on patient acuity and physician need.
What You Will
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verballyl and
in writing required.
- Graduate from an accredited school of surgical technology
- National Certified Surgical First Assist Certification
- Current American Heart BCLS certification required
Possesses the knowledge and technical
skills to serve as first assistant during surgery and provide
education and competency assessment and validation for surgical
technicians when needed.
This facility is an equal
opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth, Asheville , Certified First Assist Full Time Days, Other , Hendersonville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!