Superintendent - Solar/Renewables - Opportunities Available Nationwide
Company: Rosendin Electric, Inc
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Do you want to work with your fellow owners? Rosendin is one of
the largest electrical contractors in the United States employing
over 7,000 people. We are EMPLOYEE OWNED - For more than 100 years,
Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical
and communications installations, building value for clients, and
building people within the company. Apply Today! The Superintendent
is responsible for a specific area of directing, training and
administrating the efforts for all Subcontractors. The
Superintendent communicates on a regular basis with the Project
Manager and Subcontractor Divisions regarding projects, project
timelines, and project startups and staffing required. ESSENTIAL
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets on a regular basis with the Project Manager and
subcontractors to co-ordinate the standardization of processes and
resolution of mutual concerns.
- Works with the Project Manager in the establishment of new
hiring processes and procedures for field personnel.
- Scheduling and coordination of material to ship to job
- Oversee and ensure that all projects in specific area are
completed to forecast
- Oversees the Safety Program and assures that all Safety
Standards are being met and maintained.
- Ensure that the Field Staff are in compliance to pertinent
government regulations and contract documents.
- Assign field staffing that will meet or exceed the project
timelines and budgets in conjunction with the Director of
- Coordinate with the Tools/Equipment Manager regarding tools and
inventory as required for projects.
- Manages the Production and Field Staffing Team for a specific
area.Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and
evaluation of the field staff.
- Assists in the interviewing, hiring and training of the Field
Staff and the support staff.
- Assists in the development of training programs for Field
Staffing that ensures our Company excellence.
- Conducts area Production and Field Staff meetings when
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the
general nature and scope of work being performed by this position.
This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned
based on the position's role within the business unit. EDUCATION
- Minimum 5 years' supervisory experience in similar facility,
construction technology, methods and equipment, tools and work
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant
experience KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong persuasive and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify and meet customer's needs, expectations and
- Demonstrates expertise in commercial electrical field
management, design and contracting
- Must be a self-starter and a problem solver
- Must be capable of managing multiple tasks under time
- Must possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal
with a variety of specific variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists
- Familiarity with team-building techniques
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook,
Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing
priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing
requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all
levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors,
clients, and others TRAVEL:
- 75 to 90% WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Variable work environment; work is conducted both indoors and
outdoors with varying environmental conditions
- Up to several hours per day may be spent operating a motor
- Office may have fluorescent lighting and air conditioning
- Noise level is usually low to medium
- Occasional lifting of up to 75 lbs.
- Exposure to the environments of customer facilities Rosendin is
committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran
Keywords: Rosendin Electric, Inc, Asheville , Superintendent - Solar/Renewables - Opportunities Available Nationwide, Other , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!