Assembly Operator-3rd Shift
Company: BorgWarner Inc.
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Assemble new and/or replacement parts by operating intermediate
machines and equipment. Must be able to assemble and complete
functional units or complex subassemblies from blue prints. Must be
able to work at a fast and accurate pace.
* Set up assembly equipment by adjusting tools and controls, etc.
according to procedures and standards.
* Qualify run for first piece approval.
* Load/unload assembly lines safely by using proper handling
* Operate equipment to highest production and quality
* Make necessary adjustments and replace tools or parts as
* Use hand tools and gages appropriate to the work performed.
* Report equipment malfunctions and safety issues to supervisor or
maintenance as soon as possible.
* Transport material as required using proper handling methods.
* Keep work area in orderly condition with respect to proper
materials, tools, equipment, and personal belongings. (Includes
cleaning of equipment, floors, tables, etc.)
* Maintain quality standards by following proper inspection
* Understand and adhere to current health, safety, and
* Communicate and enforce safe work procedures.
* Identify and close safety issues (suggestions, inspection and
investigation findings) and their corrective actions.
* Understand and adhere to current quality and control
* Perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Completion of high school or equivalent. Assembly experience is
Uses hand tools and production equipment appropriate to the work
performed. Basic blueprint reading preferred.
Completion of technical training in Machining or Mechanics is
preferred. Attendance on the job is essential.
Must be able to work in a team orientated environment.
Must be able to follow instructions, safety rules and
Must have achieved a meets expectations or higher in last
* Action Oriented
* Customer Focus
* Ethics & Values
* Functional/ Technical Skills
* Interpersonal Savvy
* Learning on the Fly
* Problem Solving
* Timely Decision Making
* Decision Quality
BorgWarner is an equal employment opportunity employer such that
all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity/expression, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
Internal Use Only: Direct Hourly
website. Your ability to access and use this website and apply for
a job at BorgWarner are conditioned on your acceptance and
compliance with these terms.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the
geographical area where you are applying for employment, and
review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to
confirm your agreement with the terms.
Keywords: BorgWarner Inc., Asheville , Assembly Operator-3rd Shift, Other , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!