Patient Care Specialist
Company: InStride Foot & Ankle Specialists
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: Job SummaryAssists the physician with
patient care, patient triage at office visit, documentation,
clerical, and organizational tasks. Assists with appointment
scheduling and maintaining medical record. Daily interaction with
patients while assisting the physician in examinations and
treatments. Essential Functions (May perform part or all of the
- Follows the patient intake/rooming work in place at the
- Record patient vital and medical statistics for MIPS.
- Assist with reviewing medication history and updating
- Utilizes standard precautions, complies with policies and other
Regulatory Agency standards as applicable to the practice.
- Taking vitals and detailed medical history utilizing E.M.R.
technology for documentation.
- Assists with patient inquiries for prescription refills,
appointment scheduling, and referral authorization as needed.
- Monitors inventory and stocks medical supplies and emergency
medications/equipment specific to the practice setting.
- Ensures that all ordered laboratory and diagnostic tests are
tracked and logged, and that the provider is presented with all
- Measure, fit and dispense Durable Medical Equipment (DME).
- Take X-rays using a digital or traditional X-ray machines.
- Handle X-ray chemicals.
- Autoclave sterilization of surgical equipment.
- Setup procedures, prepare rooms for patient care.
- Communicate with doctor and front office staff for efficient
- Assisting with wound care and post-op care.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities as
needed.Physical RequirementsWork consistently requires walking,
standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, stooping, pushing,
and pulling. Must be able to lift and support the weight of 35
pounds in handling patients, medical equipment, and supplies.
Possible exposure to communicable diseases. Intact senses of sight,
hearing, smell, and touch. Manual finger dexterity. Education,
Experience and CertificationsHigh school graduate or equivalent
required. Recognized/certified as a CMA, MOA or RMA preferred. Must
have thorough understanding of HIPAA and OSHA compliance. Knowledge
of basic medical terminology.Reports to: Office Manager, Clinical
Manager and/or Physician
Keywords: InStride Foot & Ankle Specialists, Asheville , Patient Care Specialist, Other , Hendersonville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!