Simulation Specialist - IT/AV
Company: Mountain Area Health Education Center
Posted on: June 25, 2022
* The Simulation Specialist will be responsible for setup and
operation of computers, AV equipment, full body computerized
manikins, supplies, procedural task training models, and virtual
reality simulators. You will need basic knowledge of AV/IT
equipment and/or medical knowledge with excellent communication and
customer service skills.
The Ideal Candidate
* Is an individual who is innovative, creative and who is forward
* Thrives in a work environment that promotes teamwork, is high
tech, and provides an opportunity to work with innovative
technology, computer based simulation manikins and medical models
to support training of health care providers.
* Has experience with technology or a willingness to learn
* Wants to have an immersive experience working in a simulated
clinical environment gaining an inside look into different medical
specialties, skills and roles in the medical field.
* May be currently working in a healthcare field and actively
support innovative education practices to improve healthcare.
* A/V and IT knowledge
* Excellent verbal and communication skills required
* Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with
individuals and groups
* Understand (or interest in learning about) virtual environments
and their benefits in training learners
* Comfort with basic computer and video conferencing skills
* Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the professionalism
necessary to work effectively with faculty and staff of varied
backgrounds, skills and personalities, in order to achieve key
* Role play in simulated scenarios as necessary
* Assist with inventory and maintaining supplies, media, and
materials related to simulation and equipment at an adequate level
in an organized manner
* Ensure simulation equipment functionality, security, and safety
and/or appropriately troubleshoots, removes, disposes, or repairs
* Recommends replacements or new purchases of simulation related
equipment or supplies
* Assist with Training Simulation Facilitators and other simulation
users in the operational/technical aspects of simulation
* Support the use of digital media and provide technical support
for computer-based multimedia systems and their components
* Ensure appropriate set up & breakdown/clean up (moulage, staging)
of simulation environment, equipment, and supplies
* Assist in or provide visitor guided tours
About the SIM Center
Our beautiful 15,000-square-foot Simulation Center is located on
MAHEC's Biltmore campus and provides medical professionals and
students with the opportunity to practice real-life hospital,
in-office, and emergency scenarios. The center uses a variety of
simulation modalities for experiential learning including
state-of-the-art, high-fidelity manikins, standardized patient
actors, task trainers, and virtual reality simulators.
The purpose of the Simulation Specialist is to provide technical,
educational, and training support to the Simulation Center staff,
students, and instructors. The Simulation Specialist will provide
technical expertise, and support to the overall activities of the
simulation program in order to ensure that the Simulation Center
will deliver high quality simulation based educational events that
align with strategic organizational outcomes. This 1.0 FTE and 40
hour position will support Medical Education, Nursing Education,
Allied Health Education and Outreach programs.
Starting compensation for this position is $18.86 hourly, and
offers are based on experience, educational requirements and
internal team equity.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, MAHEC has worked tirelessly to
promote evidence-based practices across our entire organization.
With this in mind, all MAHEC employees and learners will be
required to receive the COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved
exemption (for employees only).
MAHEC Talent Management is located at 121 Hendersonville Road,
Asheville, NC 28803. Equal Opportunity Employer. Black, Indigenous,
People of Color and Spanish/English bilingual persons are strongly
encouraged to apply.
MAHEC is a certified Living Wage employer through Just Economics of
Western North Carolina. We offer excellent benefits and are
committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable
Keywords: Mountain Area Health Education Center, Asheville , Simulation Specialist - IT/AV, Other , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!