Autism - Foster Parents Needed!!
Company: Access Family Services
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Access Family Services and VAYA Health are partnering on a NEW
Venture to develop Specialized Foster Homes for children with
Autism. We are looking for individuals or couples interested in
becoming Licensed Professional Treatment Foster Parents.
Do you value diversity, coaching, and learning? Professional
therapeutic foster parents are critical partners in the clinical
treatment process as they create a nurturing, structured and
engaging environment for the youth to call home while they heal,
learn and grow.
We recognize that each child is unique and their needs vary, so we
are searching for committed adults with a desire to work with and
support youth with Autism and their families. We need foster homes
with trained, patient and reliable individuals across Asheville and
surrounding areas eager to join our network!
Children enrolled in this program will receive evidence-based
support in your home. Youll receive individualized training and
support throughout the childs placement at least TWICE every week.
Our highly trained support team members will be there for you every
step of the way.
In addition to all of the required trainings for licensure, License
Professional Treatment Foster Parents in this program will receive
a 40-hour course designed to teach all of the basics of living and
working with a child with autism. No single course can prepare you
for all children on the spectrum. Rest assured ongoing support will
be provided that is specific to you, your foster child and their
We are actively recruiting in Asheville the surrounding areas for
this unique pilot opportunity.
(Limited slots available- Act Now!)
Basic requirements of potential foster parents:
- Be at least 21 years old
- Single, Married or adult couples that are in civil or same sex
- Must have space/ spare Bedroom in the home
- Be physically, emotionally, and financially stable
- Must rent or own their home with internet and tech devices
- Be willing to work as a member of a professional team
- Be willing to help a child cope with trauma, separation, loss,
- Be supportive of the child's biological family and participate
in Shared Parenting
- Help the child preserve relationships as well as build new
- Spend time daily teaching children important life skills and
focused positive interaction
- Comply with North Carolina State licensing standards for foster
homes Access Family Services provides our Treatment Foster parents
- Case Management
- Weekly Communication/Support
- Extensive training of over 45 hours initially Provided
Virtually and In-Person
- Professional 24/7 support from highly qualified and
- Respite days (over nights)
- Monthly financial stipend for care (Increased stipend due
Specialized status of Pilot)
If you are interested in learning more about joining our Foster
Care Network complete the form or visit our website!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By submitting your interest in this job, you agree to receive text
notifications with additional steps to complete your job
application. You will receive up to 6 messages from the number
"63879". Message & data rates may apply. Please refer to our
Keywords: Access Family Services, Asheville , Autism - Foster Parents Needed!!, Other , Asheville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!